Scraps of text for incorporation in the VIS Meeting Minutes
Type B (Mark)
Report for week of 7/30
- We set up an OL outside the tank and checked the SR3 pitch - it was OK.
- We ran power to the SR3 pico and stepper drivers and tested them.
- We tried to offload a 700 µm discrepancy between the BF GAS zero position and the IM-V zero position but ended up scrambling the IRM-IM alignment, probably through sending a command to the wrong pico driver. We mostly fixed the BF/IRM pitch/roll, but we have some more work to do to fix the IM/RM/TM pitch/roll.
We debugged a problem with the SR2 alignment - the chain was offset by about 5 mm to +T, leading to fouling at the IM and RM levels. Some 2 mm of the offset was due to the F0 keystone being off center, apparently due to some combination of different-strength blades and the CuBe auxiliary spring, but the rest is a mystery.
- We fixed a problem with the levelness of the PI due to the feet of the IP being set at uneven heights into the PI weldment, and it got the IP very closed to centered but it didn't fix the fouling problem.
- We eventually fixed the fouling by setting the security structure at a slight angle so it remains slightly off at the SF level but is good at the bottom.
- We installed the SR2 SF damper Cu segments and magnet ring.
- Enzo and team debugged a malfunctioning bit in the SR3 IP BIO which turned out to be a defective 37-pin gender changer.
Plan for week of 8/6
- Mark, Enzo, Hirata-san, Fabian, Kozu-kun, Terrence, Panwei at Kamioka Mon-Fri.
- Kozu-kun works at Mozumi Mon, Fri, and Thu afternoon.
- Finalize optic pitch, OSEM alignment.
- Do TFs with temporary OL.
- Install final OL.
- Hook LBB, add ballast mass.
- Tune IP.
- Do vertical height budget.
- Choose F0 keystone height.
- Add estimated final ballast mass.
- Do PI cable routing.
- Adjust ballast/trim mass, with reserve for cables.
- Stage LBB damper rings in tank.
- Assemble metal mass.
- Glue prisms, flags.
- Reconfigure, align assembly frame.
To-Do Lists, Schedule
- Terrence: 8/24-26 f2f, then returns to Hong Kong.
- Enzo: 9/14 JPS, 9/15 through 10/8 vacation in Chile.