Scraps of text for incorporation in the VIS Meeting Minutes
Type B (Mark)
Report for week of 10/1
- We solved a mystery with the height of the BF keystone: it turns out that running the table KOACH filters in the tank warms it up (by about 1.5°C) and causes significant sag (700 µm). D'oh!
- We ran power to the pico drivers.
- We got the lower section of the SR2 fairly well aligned with just a bit of adjustment with the IM pitch and roll picos.
- We helped Lucia double-check the geometry of the IP - the current matrix calculation assumes the FRs and the LVDT sensors and actuators are colocated, which is much closer to true than for the BS, but not quite right.
- We gave up on doing anything more with SR2 for now because we're waiting on extra extension cables for the PI and Fujii-kun will want to borrow one of the geophones next week for a huddle test with new geophones.
- We set the pitch of the SRM and RM, tightened the clamps and removed the winch system.
- We installed the BF crossbars of the assembly frame and the BF ring section of the security structure.
- We lifted the IM/... section on the load gauge to find its weight.
- We craned in the BF and removed the cap.
- We installed the BF-IRM rods and the IRM top plate.
- We installed the BF-IM maraging rod and flying saucer cable clamps.
- We suspended the IM/... section and adjusted the trim masses for balance and total mass. It took quite a lot of adjustment in each of pitch, roll and vertical. The vertical was due to the fact that the weight of the IM/... section is very close to that of SR2/SR3 but the SRM BF is about 0.5 kg weaker. The roll was due to the fact that the default configuration of trim mass had no correction for the horizontal wedge on the optic. However the pitch is a bit of a mystery - nearly all of the removed mass had to come off the AR side. Fortunately we were able to correct for it entirely with masses we had in hand.
- We routed the TM OSEM cables via the flying saucer up to the underside of the BF.
- We got 2 power supplies from Shimode-san so we can fire up the SRM rack next week. He will also supply suitable cables to connect the power supplies to the DC power strip in the rack.
- We received the replated yoke for the SRM top filter.
Plan for week of 10/8
- Monday 10/8 is Sports Day.
- Enzo returns Tuesday 10/9.
- Mark and Terrence (plus TBD) at Kamioka Mon-Fri.
- Enzo, Hirata-san, Fabian and Panwei at Kamioka Tue-Fri.
- Terrence to set up LEN half of SR3 OL and, time permitting, TILT and LEN for SR2.
- Cable/test BF.
- Install IRM.
- Install/cable/test IM OSEMs.
- Suspend/weigh/balance the BF/... section.
To-Do Lists, Schedule
- Enzo: 9/15 through 10/8 vacation in Chile.
- Terrence: 10/8-12, 10/29-11/2 at Kamioka.