KAGRA Face to Face Meeting
All presentations in F2F meeting are regarded to have the acknowledgement in FY2018 if they are related with KAGRA.
Back to the wiki top page
The meeting is coordinated by KAGRA Scientific Congress (KSC)
The 26th Face to Face Meeting (in remote style) : December 17(Thur) - 18(Fri) AM, 2020
- This meeting will be held in remote style. The second day, Taiwan colleagues will participate in face in NCU.
Registration page The deadline is November 30 noon(Mon).
- Zoom access will be provided only to whom made registration.
There will be KIW7 to follow in the hybrid style (remote and in-person style), so please consider attending KIW7 as well. F2F is only for KAGRA collaborators, while KIW7 is open.
Pre-telecon December 1 (Tue) will be held for announcing the agenda in KSC session.
Since this F2F is limited for 1.5 day, the KSC board suggests the following guideline:
- Any confidential contents (e.g. observational results, internal strategies) should be discussed only in F2F, not in KIW7.
- KIW7 will organize plenary sessions of "O3GK reports" (commissioning, calibration, PEM, detchar, etc), and "Toward O4" (instruments, designs, analysis, etc). Please contribute them at KIW7, if the contents are not confidential.
- For thesis presentations: Please prepare your presentation as a poster in F2F (poster award will be held). Please contribute also as an oral talk in the parallel sessions in KIW7, if the contents are not confidential.
For all voting activities in F2F (decision making & poster award), the deadline will be set a week after the F2F.
The 25th Face to Face Meeting (in remote style) : August 20(Thur) - 22(Sat), 2020
- This meeting was planned to be held in Univ. Toyama. However, we decided to organize the meeting in remote style.
- Planning Style:
We will use Zoom for presentation, Slack for discussion & chat, MS Forms for voting.
- Start from 9:00am JST each day. The core plenary sessions will be in the afternoon each day.
- We try to organize parallel sessions for technical-detail talks and/or introductory talks. Summary of parallel sessions will be presented by the session chairs later in the plenary session.
- Poster session will be held. All poster presentations are with 3-min short talk. Discussion room will be provided in Slack with each 'channel'. Poster Awards (for students) will be given.
Registration page was closed at August 14 (Fri) Noon JST.
- We ask you to make registration even if you are not planning to make a presentation. We will make mailing lists for circulating access information.
Pre-telecon July 29 (Wed) was held for announcing the agenda in KSC session.
KAGRA telecon: May 27 (Wed) & 28 (Thur), 2020 @ in remote style
- Alternative to the cancelled Face-to-Face meeting, we will have a telecon for two days, on May 27 and 28.
(cancelled) Face to Face Meeting: April, 2020 @ ICRR, Kashiwa Campus, the University of Tokyo
- This F2F was cancelled due to the world-wide outbreak of coronavirus.
The 24th Face to Face Meeting: Dec 4 (Wed) - 5 (Thur), 2019 @ RESCEU, the University of Tokyo
- LOC: Jun'ichi Yokoyama and Atsushi Nishizawa.
- Data Analysis Committee will hold a satellite meeting in the afternoon Dec 3 (Tue).
The 23rd Face to Face Meeting: Aug 22 (Thur) - 24 (Sat), 2019 @ University of Toyama
- LOC: Kazuhiro Yamamoto and Yoshiki Moriwaki.
The 22nd Face to Face Meeting: Apr 19 (Fri) - 21 (Sun), 2019 @ ICRR, Kashiwa
Future-Planning Committee is planning to have a satellite meeting the day before [Apr 18 (Thur)] at U. Tokyo, Hongo campus.
- Data Analysis Committee will hold a satellite meeting in the evening of the first day [Apr 19 (Fri)].
- Calibration group will hold a satellite meeting the day after [Apr 22 (Mon)].
The 21st Face to Face Meeting: Dec 5 (Wed) - 6 (Thu), 2018 @ NAOJ, Mitaka
- Registration was closed. We had 118 participants.
- LOC: Yoichi Aso, Matteo Leonardi
The 20th Face to Face Meeting: Aug 24 (Fri) - 26 (Sun), 2018 @ University of Toyama
- LOC: Kazuhiro Yamamoto and Yoshiki Moriwaki.
The 19th Face to Face Meeting: May 18 (Fri) - 20 (Sun), 2018 @ Osaka City University
- LOC: Nobuyuki Kanda and Yousuke Itoh.
The 18th Face to Face Meeting: Dec. 5 (Tue.) - 6 (Wed.), 2017 @ Tokyo Institute of Technology
- LOC: Kentaro Somiya.
The 17th Face to Face Meeting: Aug. 28 (Mon.) - 30 (Wed.), 2017 @ University of Toyama
The 16th Face to Face Meeting: Mar. 28 (Tue.) - 30 (Thu.), 2017 @ Niigata University
The 15th Face to Face Meeting: Dec. 7 (Wed.) - 8 (Thur.), 2016 @ University of Tokyo
The 14th Face to Face Meeting: Aug. 25-27, 2016 @ University of Toyama
The 13th Face to face meeting: Feb. 21-23, 2016 @ ICRR, The University of Tokyo
The 12th Face to face meeting: Aug 27 - Aug 29, 2015 @ University of Toyama
The 11th Face to face meeting: February 5-7, 2015 @ Hongo campus, The University of Tokyo
The 10th Face to face meeting: July 31 - Aug 2, 2014 @ University of Toyama
The 9th Face to face meeting: Feb 13 - Feb 15, 2014 @ ICRR, The University of Tokyo
The 8th Face to face meeting: Aug 1 - Aug 3, 2013 @ University of Toyama
The 7th Face to face meeting: Feb 14 - Feb 16, 2013
The 6th Face to face meeting: July 30 - August 1, 2012
The 5th Face to face meeting: February 2-4, 2012
The 4th Face to face meeting: August 3-5, 2011
The 3rd Face to face meeting: February 4-5, 2011
The 2nd Face to face meeting: September 27-28, 2010
- @ ICRR The Univ. of Tokyo Kashiwa campus 6F conference room
The 1st Face to face meeting: June 15-16, 2010