|Deletions are marked like this.||Additions are marked like this.|
|Line 1:||Line 1:|
|## page was renamed from LCGT/subgroup/ifo/digital/RTPC/StandAloneFileServer|
Standalone client WS
This setup is not for Real-time system but for general Linux supporting the realtime system as file server and diagnosis monitor with application software like MEDM, DTT, dataviewer.
setup ubuntu desktop 1/4/2011 at 40m
- Prepare a proper partition on your HDD. We recommends to use whole area of a new HDD.
- Insert Ubuntu 10.4. 64bit CD-ROM and boot
- In installation package selection, select 'Ubuntu Server' which proceeds text mode installation
- In entering a hostname section, name proper hostname like 'desktop1'
- In partitioning section, recommends 'use entire disk' if you will duplicate and use this disk for other PC's setup.
- Starts installation process automatically
- Type 'controls' as a new username and 'XXXXXX(ask somebody)' as the password
- Select 'No' for encrypt the home directory
- Select 'No automatic updates' for stable operation
- DNS server
- OpenSSH server
- Print server
- Samba file server
- Virtual Machine host
- login as controls on CUI
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install ubuntu-desktop
then booted with GUI login screen.
Change network interface name
- Modify the name in /etc/udev/rule.d/70-persistent-net.rules
Reference: http://www.debian.org/doc/manuals/reference/ch05.ja.html#_the_network_interface_name (in Japanese)