how to make public git repository on git.ligo.org
Some of the commands in the reference site is adjusted.
- Open terminal and enter this command.
cd ~/.ssh ssh-keygen -t rsa -C email@example.com
- please input your own mail address.
- Please follow the instructions on the terminal and enter information.
Enter file in which to save the key (/home/.ssh/id_rsa):
If you use Mac OSX, the example of ssh key name is
XXX is your username.
Enter passphrase (empty for no passphrase): Enter same passphrase again:
- I did not entered anything. If you need a password, please enter it.
chmod 600 id_rsa
- This command should be changed to the following.
chmod 600 id_rsa_gitlab
Register your public key with GitLab
Please open config with terminal directory or entering this command
touch config open .
- and select config with Finder application.
Add this text in config file
The name is your gitlab account name.
- Visit gitlab page and open our project.
Please open Setting -> Add SSH and paste the cotents of id_rsa_gitlab.pub