Differences between revisions 1 and 126 (spanning 125 versions)
Revision 1 as of 2016-04-12 15:09:01
Size: 65
Editor: MarkBarton
Comment:
Revision 126 as of 2017-02-24 13:33:41
Size: 1494
Editor: MarkBarton
Comment:
Deletions are marked like this. Additions are marked like this.
Line 1: Line 1:
= Scraps of text for incorporation in the Vis Meeting Minutes = = Scraps of text for incorporation in the VIS Meeting Minutes =

[[KAGRA/Subgroups/VIS/MeetingNAOJ]]

=== Type B (Mark) ===
==== Past week report ====
At Kamioka (Mark, Fabian, Enzo, Hirata-san):
 * We improvised a solution for ballast mass on the BF, using some heavy dog clamps meant for pedestals, washed and wrapped in foil. We we use them for the duration of the BS Test Hang and then swap them out for custom masses.
 * We rearranged the BS rack, closing the gaps between boxes (per request of Miyakawa-san. We also renumbered some boxes, connectors and cables so as to use zero-based numbering (#0, #1, #2,...) throughout.
 * We routed the OSEM cables into the external cable rack (rather than through the PR2 area).
 * We connected up the BF LVDT, and BF fishing rod stepper motor.
 * We installed a signal generator for the LVDT.
 * We connected the super motor driver box to the Internet and attempted to set it up, but with no success so far.
 * We found the final picomotor driver (we have been using the one from TAMA in the clean booth).
 * We found many items that we will need soon, including the copper ring for the SF.
 * We found issues with the digital system (the computer driving the rack had been changed from k1pr2 to k1bs, which causes problems) and worked with DGS to fix them. It now mostly works but the real-time model crashes from time to time.
 
==== Plan for coming weeks ====
 * Everyone (Mark, Fabian, Enzo, Hirata-san) next week at Kamioka

Scraps of text for incorporation in the VIS Meeting Minutes

KAGRA/Subgroups/VIS/MeetingNAOJ

Type B (Mark)

Past week report

At Kamioka (Mark, Fabian, Enzo, Hirata-san):

  • We improvised a solution for ballast mass on the BF, using some heavy dog clamps meant for pedestals, washed and wrapped in foil. We we use them for the duration of the BS Test Hang and then swap them out for custom masses.
  • We rearranged the BS rack, closing the gaps between boxes (per request of Miyakawa-san. We also renumbered some boxes, connectors and cables so as to use zero-based numbering (#0, #1, #2,...) throughout.
  • We routed the OSEM cables into the external cable rack (rather than through the PR2 area).
  • We connected up the BF LVDT, and BF fishing rod stepper motor.
  • We installed a signal generator for the LVDT.
  • We connected the super motor driver box to the Internet and attempted to set it up, but with no success so far.
  • We found the final picomotor driver (we have been using the one from TAMA in the clean booth).
  • We found many items that we will need soon, including the copper ring for the SF.
  • We found issues with the digital system (the computer driving the rack had been changed from k1pr2 to k1bs, which causes problems) and worked with DGS to fix them. It now mostly works but the real-time model crashes from time to time.

Plan for coming weeks

  • Everyone (Mark, Fabian, Enzo, Hirata-san) next week at Kamioka

KAGRA/Subgroups/VIS/TypeB/Minutes (last edited 2022-09-02 09:11:42 by fabian.arellano)