Differences between revisions 1 and 142 (spanning 141 versions)
Revision 1 as of 2016-04-12 15:09:01
Size: 65
Editor: MarkBarton
Comment:
Revision 142 as of 2017-05-18 17:18:39
Size: 2573
Editor: MarkBarton
Comment:
Deletions are marked like this. Additions are marked like this.
Line 1: Line 1:
= Scraps of text for incorporation in the Vis Meeting Minutes = = Scraps of text for incorporation in the VIS Meeting Minutes =

[[KAGRA/Subgroups/VIS/MeetingNAOJ]]

=== Type B (Mark) ===
==== Past week report ====
At Kamioka (Mark, Fabian, Enzo, Perry, Hirata-san):

 * We removed the PI from the assembly frame.
 * We encountered a problem with the PI-SF rod jamming in the SF. We finally got it out by clamping a pig of vice grips to the rod and hammering. We found that the receptacle part was the right size (7.0 mm) but had been deformed around the edge. Hirata-san used a knife and sandpaper to lean up the edge and then ultrasonically cleaned it.
 * We cleared space for the PR2 team to remove a bellows from their tank.
 * We installed safety bars near the assembly frame at about waist height for someone on the tall ladder. We reinforced the clamps with cable ties.
 * We removed the LLB blade units from the PI, removed the blades from the clamps and sent the blades away for more rework to fix the length problem. Fortunately the tab section at the tip is fairly long, so we can just add a second hole further from the end.
 * We removed the SF cap and stored it on crossbars within the assembly frame.
 * We tested the SR fishing rod again, but it would only go up, not down. We found that reseting the driver fixed it, but we also moved the driver boxes into the cleanbooth to reduce the length of the motor cables. (Instead, we had to run some long DC and LAN cables.)
 * We adjusted the limit nut on the SF fishing rod to increase the range.
 * We removed one segment of the Cu ring on the SF cap and reconfigured the rest to be symmetrical.
 * Fabian designed a layout for the SF damper ring magnets that would work with the modified Cu ring, and placed the magnets with the template. The poles of the magnets were not on the expected faces so we had to stand the magnets up with the ,


==== Plan for coming weeks ====
For more detail, see [[KAGRA/Subgroups/VIS/TypeB/ToDo]].

Week of 5/15:
 * Enzo from Tuesday 5/16 (driving test), rest of team from Monday.
 * Fix PI-SF rod jamming.
 * Remove PI and SF cap.
 * Continue debugging SF LVDT.
 * Reconfigure Cu damper ring on SF.
 * Add magnets to upper SF damper ring.
 * Add cable clamps on the PI (a few places are inaccessible when the PI is on the assembly frame).
 * Reinstall PI, this time with rods and damper ring.
 * Reinstall PI-SF rod, this time with hex cable clamp.
 * Prepare for PR2 bellows removal on 5/15 (move table with tools).
 * Cable/test PI horizontal LVDTs and steppers.
 * Install/cable/test geophones.
 

Scraps of text for incorporation in the VIS Meeting Minutes

KAGRA/Subgroups/VIS/MeetingNAOJ

Type B (Mark)

Past week report

At Kamioka (Mark, Fabian, Enzo, Perry, Hirata-san):

  • We removed the PI from the assembly frame.
  • We encountered a problem with the PI-SF rod jamming in the SF. We finally got it out by clamping a pig of vice grips to the rod and hammering. We found that the receptacle part was the right size (7.0 mm) but had been deformed around the edge. Hirata-san used a knife and sandpaper to lean up the edge and then ultrasonically cleaned it.
  • We cleared space for the PR2 team to remove a bellows from their tank.
  • We installed safety bars near the assembly frame at about waist height for someone on the tall ladder. We reinforced the clamps with cable ties.
  • We removed the LLB blade units from the PI, removed the blades from the clamps and sent the blades away for more rework to fix the length problem. Fortunately the tab section at the tip is fairly long, so we can just add a second hole further from the end.
  • We removed the SF cap and stored it on crossbars within the assembly frame.
  • We tested the SR fishing rod again, but it would only go up, not down. We found that reseting the driver fixed it, but we also moved the driver boxes into the cleanbooth to reduce the length of the motor cables. (Instead, we had to run some long DC and LAN cables.)
  • We adjusted the limit nut on the SF fishing rod to increase the range.
  • We removed one segment of the Cu ring on the SF cap and reconfigured the rest to be symmetrical.
  • Fabian designed a layout for the SF damper ring magnets that would work with the modified Cu ring, and placed the magnets with the template. The poles of the magnets were not on the expected faces so we had to stand the magnets up with the ,

Plan for coming weeks

For more detail, see KAGRA/Subgroups/VIS/TypeB/ToDo.

Week of 5/15:

  • Enzo from Tuesday 5/16 (driving test), rest of team from Monday.
  • Fix PI-SF rod jamming.
  • Remove PI and SF cap.
  • Continue debugging SF LVDT.
  • Reconfigure Cu damper ring on SF.
  • Add magnets to upper SF damper ring.
  • Add cable clamps on the PI (a few places are inaccessible when the PI is on the assembly frame).
  • Reinstall PI, this time with rods and damper ring.
  • Reinstall PI-SF rod, this time with hex cable clamp.
  • Prepare for PR2 bellows removal on 5/15 (move table with tools).
  • Cable/test PI horizontal LVDTs and steppers.
  • Install/cable/test geophones.

KAGRA/Subgroups/VIS/TypeB/Minutes (last edited 2022-06-24 12:23:36 by fabian.arellano)