Differences between revisions 1 and 97 (spanning 96 versions)
Revision 1 as of 2016-04-12 15:09:01
Size: 65
Editor: MarkBarton
Comment:
Revision 97 as of 2016-12-15 14:09:09
Size: 1797
Editor: MarkBarton
Comment:
Deletions are marked like this. Additions are marked like this.
Line 1: Line 1:
= Scraps of text for incorporation in the Vis Meeting Minutes = = Scraps of text for incorporation in the VIS Meeting Minutes =

[[KAGRA/Subgroups/VIS/MeetingNAOJ]]

 * Mark, Fabian and Enzo continued BS Test Hang work:
  * We installed the BF fishing rod stepper motor adaptor cable.
  * We tried to install the BF LVDT cable but first we encountered trouble routing it, and then several wires broke at the D-Sub end.
  * We laid 6 in-air cables from the tank to the PR2 rank for BF and SF picos, steppers and LVDTs.
  * We lifted the BF/IRM/IM/RM/BS section to weigh it and check its balance.
   * It was 195.6 kg, which is 18 kg(!) less than the capacity of the SF.
   * There was a major imbalance in roll: with all four built-in trim masses moved up the +Y end, it still needed 270 g of extra trim mass to be level.
  * Unfortunately when we put the payload, the IM was slightly yawed and ended up on the horizontal EQ stop screws. This let the IM-BF maraging rod go slack, which disturbed the leveling of the IM (because every time it is picked up the maraging rod settles in a different place, giving a different suspension point). We may have to partly disassemble the IRM and rearrange the time mass on the the IM.
  * We shipped BS mirror box parts to Shoda-san and components for a new LVDT cable to Hirata-san.
  * We posed for pictures of the BS by a team from National Geographic.
 * Hirata-san
  * Did parts and fastener lists for the SR payload.
  * Did a 3D model with the SR suspension on the BS assembly frame (to help Mark make adjustments to the frame design).
  * Did 2D drawings of Fabian's concept for BS EQ stop parts.
  * Did a 3D model of a wire clamp with replaceable jaw parts (to avoid having to reuse parts with scars from pressure).
  * Did 2D drawings of a new wire clamps for on top of the BS and SR RMs.

Scraps of text for incorporation in the VIS Meeting Minutes

KAGRA/Subgroups/VIS/MeetingNAOJ

  • Mark, Fabian and Enzo continued BS Test Hang work:
    • We installed the BF fishing rod stepper motor adaptor cable.
    • We tried to install the BF LVDT cable but first we encountered trouble routing it, and then several wires broke at the D-Sub end.
    • We laid 6 in-air cables from the tank to the PR2 rank for BF and SF picos, steppers and LVDTs.
    • We lifted the BF/IRM/IM/RM/BS section to weigh it and check its balance.
      • It was 195.6 kg, which is 18 kg(!) less than the capacity of the SF.
      • There was a major imbalance in roll: with all four built-in trim masses moved up the +Y end, it still needed 270 g of extra trim mass to be level.
    • Unfortunately when we put the payload, the IM was slightly yawed and ended up on the horizontal EQ stop screws. This let the IM-BF maraging rod go slack, which disturbed the leveling of the IM (because every time it is picked up the maraging rod settles in a different place, giving a different suspension point). We may have to partly disassemble the IRM and rearrange the time mass on the the IM.
    • We shipped BS mirror box parts to Shoda-san and components for a new LVDT cable to Hirata-san.
    • We posed for pictures of the BS by a team from National Geographic.
  • Hirata-san
    • Did parts and fastener lists for the SR payload.
    • Did a 3D model with the SR suspension on the BS assembly frame (to help Mark make adjustments to the frame design).
    • Did 2D drawings of Fabian's concept for BS EQ stop parts.
    • Did a 3D model of a wire clamp with replaceable jaw parts (to avoid having to reuse parts with scars from pressure).
    • Did 2D drawings of a new wire clamps for on top of the BS and SR RMs.

KAGRA/Subgroups/VIS/TypeB/Minutes (last edited 2022-09-02 09:11:42 by fabian.arellano)