Differences between revisions 128 and 129
Revision 128 as of 2017-03-03 13:29:51
Size: 1305
Editor: MarkBarton
Comment:
Revision 129 as of 2017-03-03 13:43:28
Size: 2021
Editor: MarkBarton
Comment:
Deletions are marked like this. Additions are marked like this.
Line 11: Line 11:
 * We found all the parts for the SF and the SF section of the security structure, and prepared the SF. However we then removed the Cu ring from the top cap for recleaning.
 *
 * We suspended the BF and payload to check the weight and balance after adding balance mass. The weight was spot-on and the balance was OK (about as expected and close enough to be corrected). However the height and balance of the IM was disturbed again.
 * Fabian worked on the redesign of the ballast masses.
 * Hirata-san found all the parts for the SF and the SF section of the security structure, and prepared the SF. However we then removed the Cu ring from the top cap for recleaning.
 * We worked with Sawada-san to get the wheels removed from the large stepladders so that could be put closer to the assembly frame for comfort and safety.
 * We cleaned up after a water leak from the ceiling.
 * We straightened the hexagonal poles in the bottom level of the security structure, in preparation for adding the new EQ stops for the RM.
Line 15: Line 20:
 * Everyone (Mark, Fabian, Enzo, Hirata-san) at Kamioka, Monday-Thursday.
 * Work on electronics, possibly suspend and weigh BF.
 * Everyone (Mark, Fabian, Enzo, Hirata-san) at Kamioka, Monday-Friday.
 * Readjust height and balance of BF+payload, add SF.
 * Get picomotor driver working.
Line 19: Line 25:
 * Add SF and suspend BF.  * Continue adding SF and suspend BF.

Scraps of text for incorporation in the VIS Meeting Minutes

KAGRA/Subgroups/VIS/MeetingNAOJ

Type B (Mark)

Past week report

At Kamioka (Mark, Fabian, Enzo, Hirata-san):

  • With help from Kokeyama-san and Miyakawa-san, we debugged a problem with the real-time model freezing, which turned out to be the IO chassis shutting down because of brownout condition from an overloaded AC circuit. A combination of extra boxes added to the rack, plus surge current from the air shower could draw the full 20 A limit of the circuit. Awai-san ran a cable to a separate circuit and we moved the IO chassis onto that.
  • We got the stepper motor cabling and driver working, and tested the BF fishing rod stepper motor.
  • We got the LVDT cabling, driver and associated parts of the real-time model working.
  • We suspended the BF and payload to check the weight and balance after adding balance mass. The weight was spot-on and the balance was OK (about as expected and close enough to be corrected). However the height and balance of the IM was disturbed again.
  • Fabian worked on the redesign of the ballast masses.
  • Hirata-san found all the parts for the SF and the SF section of the security structure, and prepared the SF. However we then removed the Cu ring from the top cap for recleaning.
  • We worked with Sawada-san to get the wheels removed from the large stepladders so that could be put closer to the assembly frame for comfort and safety.
  • We cleaned up after a water leak from the ceiling.
  • We straightened the hexagonal poles in the bottom level of the security structure, in preparation for adding the new EQ stops for the RM.

Plan for coming weeks

Next week:

  • Everyone (Mark, Fabian, Enzo, Hirata-san) at Kamioka, Monday-Friday.
  • Readjust height and balance of BF+payload, add SF.
  • Get picomotor driver working.

Week after next:

  • Everyone (Mark, Fabian, Enzo, Hirata-san) at Kamioka, Monday-Friday.
  • Continue adding SF and suspend BF.

KAGRA/Subgroups/VIS/TypeB/Minutes (last edited 2022-04-22 13:34:51 by fabian.arellano)