Differences between revisions 137 and 138
Revision 137 as of 2017-04-14 13:36:43
Size: 2522
Editor: MarkBarton
Comment:
Revision 138 as of 2017-04-21 13:31:01
Size: 1667
Editor: MarkBarton
Comment:
Deletions are marked like this. Additions are marked like this.
Line 9: Line 9:
 * Filed crane adapter ring to make it fit better on the hook.
 * Debugged the BF and SF LVDTs (the signal generator had lost its settings in the rack shutdown).
 * Debugged the TM-H4 OSEM problem (a "Type 3 extension cable had gone bad).
 * Weighed eyebolts used to lie the SF.
 * Shipped the old pico driver and joystick back to Mitaka for Eleonora.
 * Borrowed a second pico driver ("PR3") and set it and "BS" up in the rack.
 * Practiced driving the BF cap picos with the new drivers.
 * (With help from Miyo-kun) got the pico MEDM screens running.
 * Replace the temporary "PR3" driver with a new one "BS_BF", and renamed "BS" to "BS_IM".
 * Checked all the DIO connections to the LPCD and connected up the HPCDs. With help from Kokeyama-san we can now see all the drivers from EPICS.
 * Worked on balancing the BF/IRM/IM... section. Sometime during this work, the IM sank and would not come back to its proper position even with the fishing rod. We put a scale under the RM and found that the imbalance was 488 g. Using the fishing rod we got this down to 235 g, but we found that the direction of the stepper was not consistently related to the direction selected on the driver screen - we had previously noted that "left" was "up, but driving "up" the imbalance would decrease to 235 g and then start increasing again, indicating the stepper had bounced off some obstacle. (There was no obvious sound when this happened, unlike at the low end.)
 * We decided to give up on tuning the height of the IM with the fishing rod and to proceed with the test hang by locking the BF keystone at the desired height.
 * Hirata-san installed the PI fishing rod and magic wand, and did more work on changing the PI LVDT connectors from female to male.
 * Enzo made many edits to the circuit diagram, adding the DIO for the HPCDs and correcting minor mistakes.
 * Realized that the SF/BF/... section doesn't need 6 kg added, it needs 6 kg ''removed'', but none to remove. The 20 kg extra in the BF to match the SF GAS filter makes the whole chain overload the PI GAS filter.
 * Lifted the SF/BF/... section to check for net weight and balance. Was 307 kg (cf. G&M's measurement of 301 kf in 2012 for the F0). Can be balanced with only 63 g extra.
 * Went to build up the LBB blade units but discovered that the holes in the base of the blades are two small (are Ø11 mm; should be Ø12 MM). 3D CAD was correct - error was in the 2D drawing. Shipped the blades away for modification.
 * Tested the SF LVDT actuation and worked on debugging it. Still not working.
 * Prepared the PI for being lifted, and the top of the assembly frame for receiving it.
 * Searched for and found the old PI-SF rod.
 * Did safety improvements after Enzo hit his head on a flange bolt: reversed all the bolts on the ±X sides of the BS and put caution tape on them.
 * Debugged Kokeyama-san's changes to the real-time model for the DIO, and started on TFs to check the output filter compensation is working.
Line 27: Line 21:
Week of 4/17:
 * Install temporary ballast mass in SF.
 * Lift SF/BF/... section and check total weight and SF balance.
 * Continue swap of PI LVDT connectors (female->male)
 * Start preparing LBB spring units.
Week of 4/24:
Week of 4/24 (four-day week):
Line 34: Line 23:
 * Connect SF/BF... section.
 * Temporarily remove PI and adjust SF ballast if necessary.
 
 * Connect SF/BF... section and see if we're indeed overweight and by exactly how much.
 * Finish debugging SF LVDT actuation.

Week of 5/1:
 * No activity (Golden Week).

Scraps of text for incorporation in the VIS Meeting Minutes

KAGRA/Subgroups/VIS/MeetingNAOJ

Type B (Mark)

Past week report

At Kamioka (Mark, Fabian, Enzo, Perry, Hirata-san):

  • Realized that the SF/BF/... section doesn't need 6 kg added, it needs 6 kg removed, but none to remove. The 20 kg extra in the BF to match the SF GAS filter makes the whole chain overload the PI GAS filter.

  • Lifted the SF/BF/... section to check for net weight and balance. Was 307 kg (cf. G&M's measurement of 301 kf in 2012 for the F0). Can be balanced with only 63 g extra.

  • Went to build up the LBB blade units but discovered that the holes in the base of the blades are two small (are Ø11 mm; should be Ø12 MM). 3D CAD was correct - error was in the 2D drawing. Shipped the blades away for modification.
  • Tested the SF LVDT actuation and worked on debugging it. Still not working.
  • Prepared the PI for being lifted, and the top of the assembly frame for receiving it.
  • Searched for and found the old PI-SF rod.
  • Did safety improvements after Enzo hit his head on a flange bolt: reversed all the bolts on the ±X sides of the BS and put caution tape on them.
  • Debugged Kokeyama-san's changes to the real-time model for the DIO, and started on TFs to check the output filter compensation is working.

Plan for coming weeks

For more detail, see KAGRA/Subgroups/VIS/TypeB/ToDo.

Week of 4/24 (four-day week):

  • Crane in PI.
  • Connect SF/BF... section and see if we're indeed overweight and by exactly how much.
  • Finish debugging SF LVDT actuation.

Week of 5/1:

  • No activity (Golden Week).

KAGRA/Subgroups/VIS/TypeB/Minutes (last edited 2022-04-22 13:34:51 by fabian.arellano)