Differences between revisions 138 and 140 (spanning 2 versions)
Revision 138 as of 2017-04-21 13:31:01
Size: 1667
Editor: MarkBarton
Comment:
Revision 140 as of 2017-04-27 19:31:10
Size: 2348
Editor: MarkBarton
Comment:
Deletions are marked like this. Additions are marked like this.
Line 9: Line 9:
 * Realized that the SF/BF/... section doesn't need 6 kg added, it needs 6 kg ''removed'', but none to remove. The 20 kg extra in the BF to match the SF GAS filter makes the whole chain overload the PI GAS filter.
 * Lifted the SF/BF/... section to check for net weight and balance. Was 307 kg (cf. G&M's measurement of 301 kf in 2012 for the F0). Can be balanced with only 63 g extra.
 * Went to build up the LBB blade units but discovered that the holes in the base of the blades are two small (are Ø11 mm; should be Ø12 MM). 3D CAD was correct - error was in the 2D drawing. Shipped the blades away for modification.
 * Tested the SF LVDT actuation and worked on debugging it. Still not working.
 * Prepared the PI for being lifted, and the top of the assembly frame for receiving it.
 * Searched for and found the old PI-SF rod.
 * Did safety improvements after Enzo hit his head on a flange bolt: reversed all the bolts on the ±X sides of the BS and put caution tape on them.
 * Debugged Kokeyama-san's changes to the real-time model for the DIO, and started on TFs to check the output filter compensation is working.
 * We craned in the PI.
 * We assembled the thrust bearing holder that receives the PI-SF rod. (The recess for the bearing was very slightly too small and had a burr near a retaining screw hole that prevented the bearing from seating properly, and so it required filing and re-cleaning.)
 * We hooked the SF and lowered the jacks under the SF to suspend the SF/... section.
 * The top filter rose when unlocked, and required about 1.8 kg to send it back down. Therefore we may be OK - the top filter seems to have about 8 kg more capacity than as measured by G&M. The hex cable clamp (≈0.25 kg) and the cables between the PI and SF still have to be added, but we can get an extra 3 kg by removing one of the three Cu damper segments (and rearranging the other two).
 * Hirata-san built and installed three LBB blade units.
 * Enzo kept debugging the SF LVDT. We repaired several broken wires, but it's still not behaving correctly. We suspect the ordering of the three coils (input output and excitation) may not be right. If so, we should be able to fix it with an adapter cable without removing the SF cap.
Line 21: Line 19:
Week of 4/24 (four-day week):
 * Crane in PI.
 * Connect SF/BF... section and see if we're indeed overweight and by exactly how much.
 * Finish debugging SF LVDT actuation.
Line 28: Line 21:

Week of 5/8:
 * Commence work Tuesday 5/9.
 * Remove PI temporarily.
 * Continue debugging SF LVDT (removing cap if necessary).
 * Investigate possible mis-alignment between the tips of the LBB blades and the holes for the rods going down to the damper ring.
 * Add magnets to upper SF damper ring.
 * Reinstall PI, this time with rods and damper ring.
 * Reinstall PI-SF rod, this time with hex cable clamp.
 * Install PI yaw stepper.
 * Wire up PI yaw stepper and vertical fishing-rod steppers.
 * Route cables from SF to PI (may involve removing part of Cu damper).

Week of 5/15:
 * Enzo from Tuesday 5/16 (driving test), rest of team from Monday.
 * Prepare for PR2 bellows removal on 5/15 (move table with tools).
 * Wire up PI horizontal LVDTs and steppers.
 * Install geophones.
 * Unlock IP, re-level PI to center PI, add arc weights as required.
 

Scraps of text for incorporation in the VIS Meeting Minutes

KAGRA/Subgroups/VIS/MeetingNAOJ

Type B (Mark)

Past week report

At Kamioka (Mark, Fabian, Enzo, Perry, Hirata-san):

  • We craned in the PI.
  • We assembled the thrust bearing holder that receives the PI-SF rod. (The recess for the bearing was very slightly too small and had a burr near a retaining screw hole that prevented the bearing from seating properly, and so it required filing and re-cleaning.)
  • We hooked the SF and lowered the jacks under the SF to suspend the SF/... section.
  • The top filter rose when unlocked, and required about 1.8 kg to send it back down. Therefore we may be OK - the top filter seems to have about 8 kg more capacity than as measured by G&M. The hex cable clamp (≈0.25 kg) and the cables between the PI and SF still have to be added, but we can get an extra 3 kg by removing one of the three Cu damper segments (and rearranging the other two).

  • Hirata-san built and installed three LBB blade units.
  • Enzo kept debugging the SF LVDT. We repaired several broken wires, but it's still not behaving correctly. We suspect the ordering of the three coils (input output and excitation) may not be right. If so, we should be able to fix it with an adapter cable without removing the SF cap.

Plan for coming weeks

For more detail, see KAGRA/Subgroups/VIS/TypeB/ToDo.

Week of 5/1:

  • No activity (Golden Week).

Week of 5/8:

  • Commence work Tuesday 5/9.
  • Remove PI temporarily.
  • Continue debugging SF LVDT (removing cap if necessary).
  • Investigate possible mis-alignment between the tips of the LBB blades and the holes for the rods going down to the damper ring.
  • Add magnets to upper SF damper ring.
  • Reinstall PI, this time with rods and damper ring.
  • Reinstall PI-SF rod, this time with hex cable clamp.
  • Install PI yaw stepper.
  • Wire up PI yaw stepper and vertical fishing-rod steppers.
  • Route cables from SF to PI (may involve removing part of Cu damper).

Week of 5/15:

  • Enzo from Tuesday 5/16 (driving test), rest of team from Monday.
  • Prepare for PR2 bellows removal on 5/15 (move table with tools).
  • Wire up PI horizontal LVDTs and steppers.
  • Install geophones.
  • Unlock IP, re-level PI to center PI, add arc weights as required.

KAGRA/Subgroups/VIS/TypeB/Minutes (last edited 2022-06-24 12:23:36 by fabian.arellano)