Differences between revisions 159 and 160
Revision 159 as of 2017-06-23 20:28:14
Size: 2225
Editor: MarkBarton
Comment:
Revision 160 as of 2017-06-30 13:26:16
Size: 2079
Editor: MarkBarton
Comment:
Deletions are marked like this. Additions are marked like this.
Line 7: Line 7:
At Kamioka (Mark, Fabian, Enzo, Hirata-san):
 * We disconnected the in-vacuum and in-air cabling from the feedthroughs.
 * We removed crossbars below BF and SF.
 * We set the SF damper to 4 mm clearance.
 * We adjusted the jacks to nominal height.
 * We removed the geophones and PI yaw stepper for craning.
 * We craned the suspension into the tank, and hooked the LBB Cu ring.
 * We replaced the geophones etc.
 * We unlocked all but the IP and adjusted the jacks until the pendulum was centered in the security structure.
 * We unlocked the IP and adjusted to to center with the jacks and fishing rods.
 * We craned the vacuum tank lid+ring back on, and then removed just the lid (only).
 * We unclamped the LBB damper rings and removed the spacers.
 * We removed the blocks and shims supporting the LBB, inserted the long screw feet and hooked the LBB to the Cu damper ring.
 * We added 2*31.5 kg of ballast to the LBB, which got the blades to the point where firm pressure would depress the tips.
 * We reconnected the in-vacuum cabling. In ≈15 places we opted to omit the Type 1 cable and use a F-F gender bender.
 * We reconnected all but four of the in-air cables.
At Kamioka (Mark, Enzo, Simon, Type Bp team):
 * Mark remade the BF pico adapter cable which was poorly made and had also been damaged.
 * The Type Bp team tided up the BS rack and made new labels for many cables (thanks!).
 * Enzo connected up the in-air cables for the picos and steppers.
 * Mark and Enzo renumbered the PI LVDTs, geophones and LVDTs to make a consistent scheme working anticlockwise.
 * Enzo and Mark debugged all the cables. The only problem we couldn't solve was that the actuator coil for PI LVDT #0 is open-circuit at the connector on the LVDT. (It has been intermittent but worked before the craning.) We may have to redo the connector or replace the LVDT. Limited TFs will be possible in the next week.
 * Simon set up the LSOL and was easily able to get a return beam from the mirror on the dummy BS.
 * Shoda-san copied over the LSOL section of the PR3 real-time model into the BS model and made other improvements (thanks!).
 * Mark brought home
Line 24: Line 17:
==== Plan for week of 6/26 ====
Mark and Enzo at Kamioka:
 * Double-check where gender-benders were used.
 * Finish connecting in-air cabling.
 * Debug all cabling.
 * Work with Simon to set up LSOL.
Fabian at Mitaka:
 * Design final ballast masses for IM, BF and SF assuming no BF rebuild (needs to be adaptable).
 * Check all items for BS flag/prism gluing are available (prisms, flags, jigs, mirror box, glue, scale, mixing tools etc).
Hirata-san at Mitaka:
 * Do new 3D CAD:
  * BS Test Hang build, with top of tank, full suspension, and LBB damper all reversed.
  * Final BS build, as above, but with everything BF down rotated back to original.
At Mitaka (Fabian, Hirata-san):
 * Fabian finished designing final trim masses for IM/BF/SF for the final hang of the BS and passed it to Hirata-san to make drawings and get quotes.
 * Hirata-san requested quotes for the replaceable-jaw version of the BS wire clamps.
 * Fabian and Hirata-san gathered needed items for the BS prism/flag gluing.
 * Hirata-san designed receptacles for the new rods with 8 mm heads and requested quotes.

==== Plan for week of 7/3 ====
 * Do prism/flag gluing on real BS at Kashiwa (whole team).
 * Do new 3D CAD (Hirata-san):
  * SR2 on BS assembly frame. (Adjust jack positions if possible, or leave for Fabian/Mark to do.)
  * Final BS build, SS/PI/SF as for Test Hang but with BF/IRM/IM/BS/RM down rotated back to original direction.
   * On-assembly-frame version. (Adjust jack positions if possible, or leave for Mark to do.)
Line 38: Line 30:
   * On-assembly-frame version. (Adjust jack positions if possible, or leave for Mark to do.)
  * SR2 on BS assembly frame. (Adjust jack positions if possible, or leave for Mark to do.)
 *
==== Plan for week of 7/10 ====

Scraps of text for incorporation in the VIS Meeting Minutes

KAGRA/Subgroups/VIS/MeetingNAOJ

Type B (Mark)

Past week report

At Kamioka (Mark, Enzo, Simon, Type Bp team):

  • Mark remade the BF pico adapter cable which was poorly made and had also been damaged.
  • The Type Bp team tided up the BS rack and made new labels for many cables (thanks!).
  • Enzo connected up the in-air cables for the picos and steppers.
  • Mark and Enzo renumbered the PI LVDTs, geophones and LVDTs to make a consistent scheme working anticlockwise.
  • Enzo and Mark debugged all the cables. The only problem we couldn't solve was that the actuator coil for PI LVDT #0 is open-circuit at the connector on the LVDT. (It has been intermittent but worked before the craning.) We may have to redo the connector or replace the LVDT. Limited TFs will be possible in the next week.
  • Simon set up the LSOL and was easily able to get a return beam from the mirror on the dummy BS.
  • Shoda-san copied over the LSOL section of the PR3 real-time model into the BS model and made other improvements (thanks!).
  • Mark brought home

At Mitaka (Fabian, Hirata-san):

  • Fabian finished designing final trim masses for IM/BF/SF for the final hang of the BS and passed it to Hirata-san to make drawings and get quotes.
  • Hirata-san requested quotes for the replaceable-jaw version of the BS wire clamps.
  • Fabian and Hirata-san gathered needed items for the BS prism/flag gluing.
  • Hirata-san designed receptacles for the new rods with 8 mm heads and requested quotes.

Plan for week of 7/3

  • Do prism/flag gluing on real BS at Kashiwa (whole team).
  • Do new 3D CAD (Hirata-san):
    • SR2 on BS assembly frame. (Adjust jack positions if possible, or leave for Fabian/Mark to do.)
    • Final BS build, SS/PI/SF as for Test Hang but with BF/IRM/IM/BS/RM down rotated back to original direction.
      • On-assembly-frame version. (Adjust jack positions if possible, or leave for Mark to do.)
      • In-tank version.

Plan for week of 7/10

KAGRA/Subgroups/VIS/TypeB/Minutes (last edited 2022-04-22 13:34:51 by fabian.arellano)