|Deletions are marked like this.||Additions are marked like this.|
|Line 28:||Line 28:|
|* Document LVDT driver rebuild and other changes.|
|Line 29:||Line 30:|
|* Test picos and steppers more fully.||* Design/install matrices, blend filters and damping filters.|
|Line 31:||Line 32:|
| * Add temporary ballast to LBB and find total required.
* Try rearranging arc weights to make room for magic wand.
* Start on creating SR3 rack.
* Preparation for BF rebuild.
|Line 32:||Line 37:|
|Line 34:||Line 38:|
| * Do new 3D CAD (Hirata-san):
* SR2 on BS assembly frame. (Adjust jack positions if possible, or leave for Fabian/Mark to do.)
* Final BS build, SS/PI/SF as for Test Hang but with BF/IRM/IM/BS/RM down rotated back to original direction.
* On-assembly-frame version. (Adjust jack positions if possible, or leave for Mark to do.)
* In-tank version.
* Solve arc weight versus magic wand problem.
| * Clean BS secondary prisms and modified gluing jigs (Hirata-san).
* Ship gluing tools and BS to Kamioka.
* Do new 3D CAD for final BS install (Hirata-san):
* On-assembly-frame version.
* In-tank version.
* Design SR assembly frame (Fabian).
* Do 2D Drawings and procurement of final IM/BF/SF ballast masses (Hirata-san).
* Other purchasing and preparation (spare BS clamps, suspension wire, 8-mm rod receptacles)
|Line 41:||Line 47:|
| * Run TFs, make improvements to real-time model (Mark, Enzo).
* Design SR assembly frame.
* Inventory for SR.
==== Plan for week of 7/10 ====
Mark and Enzo at Kamioka:
Fabian and Hirata-san at Mitaka.
Hirata-san: Thu 7/20 through Mon 7/24
Enzo: Sat 7/22 through Sun 8/6
Fabian: Fri 8/4 through Mon 8/21
Mark: TBD Mid-Oct
Scraps of text for incorporation in the VIS Meeting Minutes
Type B (Mark)
Past week report
At Kamioka (Enzo):
- Enzo (with help from Miyo-kun) fixed the broken actuation coil on PI LVDT #0.
- Enzo worked on the final cabling plan for BS and SRx.
- Enzo replaced the LVDT driver again to have one with no dead channels (and free up the partly non-working cards for servicing).
At Mitaka and Kashiwa (Mark, Hirata-san, Fabian, Enzo):
- We glued magnets into their holders.
- We did a walk-through of the gluing procedure at Mitaka and discovered that the secondary prisms were missing.
- We took the mirror box and gluing tools to Kashiwa to do as much of the gluing as possible.
- Hirose-san applied First Contact to the BS and he and Kieran moved it into the mirror box.
- We practiced putting sapphire prisms on the BS but didn't apply glue.
- We tried the magnet gluing jigs designed by Aso-san and found two major issues: the overall length was about 25 mm too long, and there was no adjustment to allow for the wedge.
- We designed a simple modification to the jigs that hopefully would be trivial for the ATC to do: the jigs will be cut in half and the bottom section will be mounted with adhesive on an 11 mm rod that slides in the central hole of the top section. Thus the top half can be screwed into the existing recess, and the bottom half with the magnets and glue can be allowed to drop about 3 mm onto the face of the optic. Hirata-san worked with ATC to get this done and it should be ready today (Friday 7/7).
- Hirata-san also got ATC to make some jigs to hold the old 5-mm prisms so that they can be ground down to 3 mm to replace the missing ones. Hirata-san will do the grinding himself today (Friday 7/7/).
- We decided to continue the gluing work at Kamioka, so we brought the BS back to Mitaka and will ship it on to Kamioka next Tuesday.
- Hirata-san did a version of the 3D CAD with the as-built BS Test Hang configuration.
Plan for weeks of 7/10, 7/17
Mark, Enzo mostly at Kamioka.
- More TFs.
- Receive BS at Kamioka, do gluing if possible.
- Document LVDT driver rebuild and other changes.
- Learn how Miyo-kun's pico driver software works and make fixes/improvements.
- Design/install matrices, blend filters and damping filters.
- Finish tidying rack and labeling cables.
- Add temporary ballast to LBB and find total required.
- Try rearranging arc weights to make room for magic wand.
- Start on creating SR3 rack.
- Preparation for BF rebuild.
Fabian, Hirata-san at Mitaka.
- Clean BS secondary prisms and modified gluing jigs (Hirata-san).
- Ship gluing tools and BS to Kamioka.
- Do new 3D CAD for final BS install (Hirata-san):
- On-assembly-frame version.
- In-tank version.
- Design SR assembly frame (Fabian).
- Do 2D Drawings and procurement of final IM/BF/SF ballast masses (Hirata-san).
- Other purchasing and preparation (spare BS clamps, suspension wire, 8-mm rod receptacles)
- Do mass budget for LBB - design ballast masses (Fabian)
Vacation Info: Hirata-san: Thu 7/20 through Mon 7/24 Enzo: Sat 7/22 through Sun 8/6 Fabian: Fri 8/4 through Mon 8/21 Mark: TBD Mid-Oct