|Deletions are marked like this.||Additions are marked like this.|
|Line 19:||Line 19:|
|* Hirata-san used 3 of the blades to build a new BF.||* Hirata-san used 3 of the new blades to build a new BF.|
|Line 24:||Line 24:|
|Full team at Kamioka from Mon-Fri, except Hirata-san (Tue-Thu) and Enzo (vacation).||Kamioka: Mark (Mon-Fri), Fabian (Mon-Wed), Hirata-san (Tue-Thu), Yoshioka-kun (Tue, Wed, Fri) <<BR>>
Mitaka: Hirata-san (Mon, Fri)<<BR>>
|Line 30:||Line 32:|
|Full team at Kamioka from Mon-Fri, except Fabian (Mon-Wed) and Enzo (Tue-Fri).||Site closure: Friday<<BR>>
Kamioka: Mark (Mon-Thu), Enzo (Tue-Thu), Yoshioka-kun (Tue, Wed), Ohishi (TBD).
Mitaka: Hirata-san (Mon-Fri)
Vacation: Enzo (Mon), Fabian (Thu, Fri)
Scraps of text for incorporation in the VIS Meeting Minutes
Type B (Mark)
Past week report
At Kamioka (Mark, Enzo, Hirata-san, Yoshioka-kun):
- We disassembled the suspension.
- We removed all the cables and bagged and labelled them for reuse.
- The PI is parked on the pallet.
- The SF was initially parked between the frame and tank and then manhandled to one side. The same procedure was used for the SF ring.
- The BF was parked between the assembly frame and tank. The BF ring was stored in the top of the structure.
- We removed various useful and no-longer-needed items from the BF, including the lower rod receptacle, thrust bearing, fishing rod and temporary ballast masses.
- We cut the wires and removed the RM and dummy BS on the RM trolley.
- The wire clamps were moderately deeply scarred and could probably be reused, but we plan to use the new set, which will be available on Tuesday of next week.
- We discovered that the problem with the old BF was due to the fishing rod, which had not had a pair of lock nuts and had been damaged by being drive too high, so that the springs hit the underside of the cap and were bent at the base. We will install lock nuts and set them to the correct height for the final installation.
- The gluing of the BS primary prisms and magnets went well, but we had to reglue the secondary prisms because they stuck to the jigs and were pulled off when the jigs were retracted. The second try went well and the BS is ready for use.
- Fabian and Hirata-san characterized 7 new BS BF blades. There was one outlier but the rest were in a tight group.
- Hirata-san used 3 of the new blades to build a new BF.
- Miyo-kun and others from the Type Bp team did a lot of tidying up of the BS rack for us, and removed a lot of in-air cables running through the cleanbooth. When he returns, on 8/8, Enzo will coordinate relaying the cables in the cable trays (which were not installed when the initial cabling was done).
Plan for week of 7/31
Kamioka: Mark (Mon-Fri), Fabian (Mon-Wed), Hirata-san (Tue-Thu), Yoshioka-kun (Tue, Wed, Fri)
Mitaka: Hirata-san (Mon, Fri)
- Recheck alignment of assembly frame and centering of optical table.
- Install IM, suspend BS and RM.
- Remove LBB rings (time permitting).
Plan for week of 8/7
Site closure: Friday
Kamioka: Mark (Mon-Thu), Enzo (Tue-Thu), Yoshioka-kun (Tue, Wed), Ohishi (TBD). Mitaka: Hirata-san (Mon-Fri) Vacation: Enzo (Mon), Fabian (Thu, Fri)
- Weigh/trim BS/RM/IM.
- Take out old BF; bring in rebuilt BF.
- Suspend BS/RM/IM, add IRM.
- Lay new in-air OSEM cables.
Vacation Info: Enzo: Sat 7/22 through Sun 8/6 Fabian: Fri 8/4 through Mon 8/21 Mark: TBD Mid-Oct