Differences between revisions 179 and 180
Revision 179 as of 2017-08-18 13:24:57
Size: 2752
Editor: MarkBarton
Comment:
Revision 180 as of 2017-08-25 13:48:16
Size: 1874
Editor: MarkBarton
Comment:
Deletions are marked like this. Additions are marked like this.
Line 7: Line 7:
At Kamioka (Mark, Ohishi-san, Enzo, Yoshioka-kun, Kozu-kun):
 * We removed the LBB damper rings from the tank and passed them to Takahashi-san for recleaning. Unfortunately two screws galled, one holding on a Cu segment, and one holding on a joint piece.
 * We removed the LBB blade units from the PI, removed the blades and shipped them off for rework.
 * We pulled out all the old in-air cabling.
 * We laid about 9 new in-air cables.
 * We wrapped/labelled the BS mirror box, the winch system, the trolley adapters, and many other tools that we do not expect to use any time soon.
 * We connected up, tested and calibrated the BF LVDT.
 * We adjusted the ballast mass on the IM to make it hang level and at the right height. However we had to reduce the weight by a further 686 g relative to the plan of 2017-08-09. We found a combination that was good except for the fact that it used round masses on the bottom corners, so we decided to have the 641 g rectangular masses cut down by 60 g each. Mesco was able to do this within 24 hours. We will reclean the parts on Friday afternoon and swap them in on Monday.
At Mitaka (Hirata-san:
 * Hirata-san got a quotation about optical bench from Mirapro and contacted them about reducing cost.
 * He asked Suzuki-san (Tokyo university) to order them (delivery date is 10/24, so far).
 * He modified SR assembly frame design (from Fabian) and asked Mirapro for quotation.
 * He liaised with Koshin-shoko about modification of BS LBB blade springs.
 * He asked ATC for making t4.5 ballast mass for PR. He washed them and sent them to Kamioka with the PR thrust bearing.
 * He worked on the 3D model of SR3 SUS wires, and making a list for quotation.
At Kamioka (Mark, Ohishi-san, Enzo, Yoshioka-kun):
 * We installed the cut-down ballast mass under the IM and tweaked the IM height and balance.
 * We checked the range of the BF FR.
 * We adjusted the BF yoke by 2.5 mm to make it give ≈0 output for nominal height.
 * We found a good gain setting for the LVDT driver and calibrated the BF LVDT.
 * We set up the optical sensors facing the RM.
 * We assembled the IRM (with OSEMs) around the IM and got it mostly adjusted.
 * We changed the k1visbs model to restore the as-designed mapping of OSEMs to DAQ channels.
 * We confirmed that the BF LVDT actuation coil and the TM OSEM coils were working.
 * We connected up the IRM OSEMs (with the new Type 5-1.7 cables) but found there was an electrical issue: all the OSEMs are reading back the same constant value, around 1115.
 * We left the suspension in a state suitable for TFs from BF GAS actuation to sensing (in vertical) and from RM OSEM actuation to the optical sensors (in horizontal) over the weekend.
At Mitaka (Hirata-san):
 * Hirata-san did 2D drawings of the SR LBB rods and sent off an RFQ.
 * Hirata-san did several cost-reduction negotiations with Mirapro.
Line 23: Line 22:
==== Plan for week of 8/21 ====
Vacation: Fabian (Mon)<<BR>>
Internship: Kozu-kun (Mon-Fri)<<BR>>
Line 27: Line 23:
Kamioka: Mark, Ohishi, Fabian (Tue-Fri), Enzo, Yoshioka-kun (Tue, Wed, Fri).
 * Swap in new IM ballast masses; readjust height and levelness.
 * Install side panels of IRM and OSEMs.
 * Route IRM OSEM cables, test/adjust IRM OSEMs.
==== Plan for week of 8/28 ====
Kamioka: Mark (except Tue), Ohishi-san, Fabian (except Tue), Enzo (except Tue), Hirata-san, Yoshioka-kun (Fri), Kozu-kun (Thu, Fri).
 * Fix/adjust IRM OSEMs.
Line 34: Line 29:
 * (Time permitting) Try TFs with optical sensors.
Mitaka: Hirata-san.
 * SR stuff.
 * Suspend BF/IRM/IM/RM/BS.
Line 38: Line 31:
==== Plan for week of 8/28 ====
Kamioka: Mark, Ohishi, Fabian, Enzo, Hirata-san, Yoshioka-kun (Tue, Wed, Fri), Kozu-kun.
 * Suspend BF/IRM/IM/RM/BS.
==== Plan for week of 9/4 ====
Line 46: Line 37:
Fabian: Fri 8/4 through Mon 8/21

Scraps of text for incorporation in the VIS Meeting Minutes

KAGRA/Subgroups/VIS/MeetingNAOJ

Type B (Mark)

Past week report

At Kamioka (Mark, Ohishi-san, Enzo, Yoshioka-kun):

  • We installed the cut-down ballast mass under the IM and tweaked the IM height and balance.
  • We checked the range of the BF FR.
  • We adjusted the BF yoke by 2.5 mm to make it give ≈0 output for nominal height.
  • We found a good gain setting for the LVDT driver and calibrated the BF LVDT.
  • We set up the optical sensors facing the RM.
  • We assembled the IRM (with OSEMs) around the IM and got it mostly adjusted.
  • We changed the k1visbs model to restore the as-designed mapping of OSEMs to DAQ channels.
  • We confirmed that the BF LVDT actuation coil and the TM OSEM coils were working.
  • We connected up the IRM OSEMs (with the new Type 5-1.7 cables) but found there was an electrical issue: all the OSEMs are reading back the same constant value, around 1115.
  • We left the suspension in a state suitable for TFs from BF GAS actuation to sensing (in vertical) and from RM OSEM actuation to the optical sensors (in horizontal) over the weekend.

At Mitaka (Hirata-san):

  • Hirata-san did 2D drawings of the SR LBB rods and sent off an RFQ.
  • Hirata-san did several cost-reduction negotiations with Mirapro.

Plan for week of 8/28

Kamioka: Mark (except Tue), Ohishi-san, Fabian (except Tue), Enzo (except Tue), Hirata-san, Yoshioka-kun (Fri), Kozu-kun (Thu, Fri).

  • Fix/adjust IRM OSEMs.
  • Add BF cap; cable and test BF-1 and BF-2 picos.
  • Lift and weigh BF/IRM/IM/RM/BS; adjust ballast mass.
  • Crane in SF.
  • Suspend BF/IRM/IM/RM/BS.

Plan for week of 9/4

  • Install SF cap; route cables.
  • Lift and weigh SF/BF/IRM/IM/RM/BS.
  • Adjust SF ballast.

Vacation Info

Mark: TBD Mid-Oct

KAGRA/Subgroups/VIS/TypeB/Minutes (last edited 2022-07-01 13:49:37 by fabian.arellano)