Differences between revisions 21 and 23 (spanning 2 versions)
Revision 21 as of 2016-06-03 14:29:12
Size: 5968
Editor: MarkBarton
Comment:
Revision 23 as of 2016-06-09 14:08:43
Size: 2384
Editor: MarkBarton
Comment:
Deletions are marked like this. Additions are marked like this.
Line 6: Line 6:
  * Fabian worked on IM and dummy BS assembly: [[https://photos.google.com/share/AF1QipMNVSExyP3TuyhK4s_VD-ARDlNoCPCf13ZDbHUlwOw14AKgj4XUe0vYg27dQ12icQ?key=SjJ0dXJ1bjN2OGVCN3d6RnoySEtFSjVJUmVwSlZR|photos1]], [[https://photos.google.com/share/AF1QipPQdoB5vYN1VcD32TkA4QSGldODvKRwiT5h-m122ahSpWmFyyrO5MX-9ajL1LeRIg?key=VFFuUVktcEtlMURQUldhZUlRcGFhbzNDeU5IN3NB|photos2]]
   * A hole in a picomotor holder was too small. ATC staff solved this isue quickly and Hirata-san cleaned the piece.
   * Some ballast discs for the dummy optic were dirty (seen by visual inspection). Hirata-san cleaned them.
   * Some arrows were cleaned from the mirrors for the dummy optic.
  * Hirata-san worked on checking Mirapro's assembly frame design - some minor issues with rail system found.
  * Fabian finished dummy BS assembly.
  * Mark and Tatsumi-san glued magnets into both types of BS optic flags, and discs into BS IM flags. [[http://klog.icrr.u-tokyo.ac.jp/osl/?r=1815 |klog]] Two optic flags had to be redone because the magnets moved while the glue was drying. Hirata-san helped remove the magnets with acetone in the ultrasonic cleaner. [[http://klog.icrr.u-tokyo.ac.jp/osl/?r=1818|klog]]
  * Tatsumi-san, Fabian and Mark took the dummy BS to Kashiwa and glued the flags and prisms. We will check status on Mon 6/13.
Line 12: Line 10:
  * Hirata-san washed a large batch of parts.
  * All parts for gluing of dummy BS are in hand. We arranged with Tatsumi-san to glue magnets at Mitaka on 6/6, glue flags at Kashiwa on 6/8, and inspect bonds and bring dummy BS back to Mitaka 6/13.
  * Mark worked on solutions to allow a [[http://gwwiki.icrr.u-tokyo.ac.jp/JGWwiki/KAGRA/Subgroups/VIS/TypeB/dummyBS|larger mirror on dummy BS]]. After discussions with Simon and Akutsu-san we decided to go with a stainless steel plate solution. The gluing can go ahead and we can attach the plates later.
  * Mark worked on list of items for purchase in FY2016.
  * Mark worked on finding connectors for vacuum-compatible geophone adapters.
  * Mark worked more on [[http://gwdoc.icrr.u-tokyo.ac.jp/cgi-bin/private/DocDB/ShowDocument?docid=4235|E1504235 BS Assembly Procedure]] ([[https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resid=D5CCFA70A378E0D0!195&authkey=!AM_usynuo9QI57g&ithint=folder,webloc|Draft on OneDrive]])
 * '''Discussions '''
  * Crane will not be available on 13-14 of June.
  * Review: '''fix the date (Mark) '''
  * Measurement of iKAGRA BS position will be done in the second week of June. Then it will be taken out of the chamber after that (Ohishi)
 * IM, RM, IRM, dummy BS assembly
  * Fabian assembled the dummy BS and started on the IM.
  * Still need to find SDC-treated hook for maraging wire in IM. Still not found. Spare hook is being SDC-treated. Can be added later.
  * Will start assembly 5/30
 * Wires
  * Fabian analysis RM wire thickness versus mode frequency: [[https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resid=1447B05D5B571A84!442&authkey=!AKrjBW2W8vMKyAY&ithint=file,pdf|link]], [[https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resid=1447B05D5B571A84!421&authkey=!ALZY-tFtMCYI9Pw&ithint=file,pdf|another link]],[[https://pfalig.bn1301.livefilestore.com/y3mT7oHnuBfD9_7Ata6H90opTVY5IIIm78MQ8Rl-lChfSUtGhGiEP-mlB1rQuzliimi-pmL1JfYTKCUY_Tgan0Bfa2jq5EeSXWiCracw_5ulsm2iuf6RHJcz0ot34DaeWqdUjFnU6fILnyau69WFkBmUcTwfGYBNwSrs27eyK-jc90/RM_wire.pdf?psid=1|yet another link]] (From last week: [[http://gwdoc.icrr.u-tokyo.ac.jp/cgi-bin/private/DocDB/ShowDocument?docid=5106|T1605106]] /[[https://onedrive.live.com/view.aspx?resid=1447B05D5B571A84!354&ithint=file,docx&app=Word&authkey=!AO5CHNP3xlO5RjY|draft]])
 * Can we make SR wire breakers bigger?
  * Fukushima-san has not yet started the work. He will start soon (as of 5/27).
 * Flags, Metal Prisms, Sapphire prisms RECEIVED
 * Mirror box and Flag/Prism gluing
  * All parts in hand.
  * Magnet gluing and check of parts at Mitaka, Monday 6/6.
  * Gluing at Kashiwa, Wednesday 6/8.
  * Inspection of bonds and return to Mitaka, 6/13.
 * An extra structure attached to the EQ stop to prevent tipping over of the BS - no action since last week.
 * Not enough crane height problem (Hirata, Saito) - no action since last week
 * Ballast masses for payload
  * Initial batch received - ordered extra smaller ones to allow for adjustments.
 * Lower breadboard stuff
  * Assembly procedure
  * Hirata-san washed a batch of parts.
  * Hirata-san worked on work platforms for the installation.
  * Hirata-san looked for a crane scale for use at the site. (We decided the 500 kg version of the one used at TAMA.)
  * Hirata-san worked on making some guide parts for the PI installation (Misumi parts with minor additional machining from ATC).
  * We finalized a design for simple SS mirror parts for the dummy BS with Akutsu-san. They will be made by ATC.
  * Mark worked on list of items for purchase in FY2016 and on the schedule.
  * Fabian did more work on the IM assembly. It is nearly done and he will start on the RM next week.
 * Type B ongoing issues
  * Wires
   * Need to decide RM wire thickness and order. Lead time is a few days from Nilaco.
  * Can we make SR wire breakers bigger?
   * Fukushima-san will start on machining test soon (as of 5/27).
  * Not enough crane height problem (Hirata, Saito) - no action since last week
  * Ballast masses for payload
   * Initial batch received - ordered extra smaller ones to allow for adjustments.
  * Lower breadboard stuff
Line 43: Line 27:
  * Breadboard springs (in manufacture, expected end of July)
  * Nail-head parts: quote from Mirapro received, not urgent, will be combined with assembly frame order.
 * BS Assembly Frame Design (Mark, Hirata)
  * Hirata-san found issues with rail system part - organizing fix.
 * Clean bag
  * Ordered - expected 6/8.
 * 2D and 3D CAD
  * [[http://gwdoc.icrr.u-tokyo.ac.jp/cgi-bin/private/DocDB/ShowDocument?docid=5035|E1605035 VIS Document and Drawing Tree (BS)]]
 * Electronics
  * [[http://gwdoc.icrr.u-tokyo.ac.jp/cgi-bin/private/DocDB/ShowDocument?docid=3600|JGW-D1503600 - BS Suspension Cabling]]
  * [[http://gwdoc.icrr.u-tokyo.ac.jp/cgi-bin/private/DocDB/ShowDocument?docid=5111|E1605111 BS Suspension Electronic Items List]]
  * [[http://gwdoc.icrr.u-tokyo.ac.jp/cgi-bin/private/DocDB/ShowDocument?docid=3901|D1503901 In-Vacuum Cable Detail]]
  * Item list and timetable was given to Miyakawa-san - some corrections received and added to schematic but not yet posted.
  * Status on AEL boxes OK according to Miyakawa-san.
  * Signal generator and cable to be used for BS test. May order NIKHEF cards later if concern about AC-driven units in racks.
  * Need to get new longer versions of some previously ordered BF-PI and SF-PI cables (Takahashi).
  * Need to check previously ordered TM-BF and IM-BF OSEM cables have been flipped (Takahashi).
  * Decided to hand-make cables for geophones because previously ordered cables have no conductor on pin 5.
  * Stepper drive box (requested by Sekiguchi-san [[http://gwdoc.icrr.u-tokyo.ac.jp/cgi-bin/private/DocDB/ShowDocument?docid=3385|T1503385]]) is being designed, should be ready in time.
  * Mark looking for connectors for geophone adapters.
 * Procedure documents
  * Mark worked on BS Assembly Procedure [[https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resid=D5CCFA70A378E0D0!195&authkey=!AM_usynuo9QI57g&ithint=folder,webloc|E1504235 draft]]
   * Breadboard springs (in manufacture, expected end of July)
   * Nail-head parts: quote from Mirapro received, not urgent, will be combined with assembly frame order.
  * Clean bag - expected 6/8.
  * Documents
   * BS Assembly Procedure [[http://gwdoc.icrr.u-tokyo.ac.jp/cgi-bin/private/DocDB/ShowDocument?docid=4235| E1504235]], [[https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resid=D5CCFA70A378E0D0!195&authkey=!AM_usynuo9QI57g&ithint=folder,webloc|E1504235 draft]]

Scraps of text for incorporation in the VIS Meeting Minutes

KAGRA/Subgroups/VIS/MeetingNAOJ

  • Type B Past Week Summary
    • Fabian finished dummy BS assembly.
    • Mark and Tatsumi-san glued magnets into both types of BS optic flags, and discs into BS IM flags. klog Two optic flags had to be redone because the magnets moved while the glue was drying. Hirata-san helped remove the magnets with acetone in the ultrasonic cleaner. klog

    • Tatsumi-san, Fabian and Mark took the dummy BS to Kashiwa and glued the flags and prisms. We will check status on Mon 6/13.
    • Hirata-san measured another filter.
    • Hirata-san washed a batch of parts.
    • Hirata-san worked on work platforms for the installation.
    • Hirata-san looked for a crane scale for use at the site. (We decided the 500 kg version of the one used at TAMA.)
    • Hirata-san worked on making some guide parts for the PI installation (Misumi parts with minor additional machining from ATC).
    • We finalized a design for simple SS mirror parts for the dummy BS with Akutsu-san. They will be made by ATC.
    • Mark worked on list of items for purchase in FY2016 and on the schedule.
    • Fabian did more work on the IM assembly. It is nearly done and he will start on the RM next week.
  • Type B ongoing issues
    • Wires
      • Need to decide RM wire thickness and order. Lead time is a few days from Nilaco.
    • Can we make SR wire breakers bigger?
      • Fukushima-san will start on machining test soon (as of 5/27).
    • Not enough crane height problem (Hirata, Saito) - no action since last week
    • Ballast masses for payload
      • Initial batch received - ordered extra smaller ones to allow for adjustments.
    • Lower breadboard stuff
      • Need to be incorporated into the procedure document. Discuss with Takahashi (Mark)

      • Breadboard springs (in manufacture, expected end of July)
      • Nail-head parts: quote from Mirapro received, not urgent, will be combined with assembly frame order.
    • Clean bag - expected 6/8.
    • Documents

KAGRA/Subgroups/VIS/TypeB/Minutes (last edited 2022-07-29 13:18:56 by fabian.arellano)