Differences between revisions 3 and 4
Revision 3 as of 2016-04-12 15:26:36
Size: 863
Editor: MarkBarton
Comment:
Revision 4 as of 2016-04-15 12:02:42
Size: 14643
Editor: MarkBarton
Comment:
Deletions are marked like this. Additions are marked like this.
Line 17: Line 17:
   * Lots of new drawings - see above or [[http://gwdoc.icrr.u-tokyo.ac.jp/cgi-bin/private/DocDB/ShowDocument?docid=5035| E1605035 VIS Document and Drawing Tree (BS)]]

= VIS Meeting on 2016/4/15 =
2016/4/15 13:30 -

Room 210 & eZuce

Participants:

== Schedule ==
 * #Schedule status (Aso)
 * #Will have a schedule meeting with Ando-san on April 15th in Kamioka (Takahashi, Mark, Shoda will come)

== iKAGRA related activities ==
== PR3 ==
 * PR3 Operation Status (Aso)
  *
 * Traverser and Stepper motor remote control (Shoda):
  * Aso will send a stepper motor driver from Kamioka to Mitaka for test.-> Done

== iKAGRA ETM suspension ==
 * Current status (Ohishi)

== Electronics ==
 * What are necessary in the next few weeks ?
  * BS:
   * [[http://gwdoc.icrr.u-tokyo.ac.jp/cgi-bin/private/DocDB/ShowDocument?docid=3600|JGW-D1503600 - BS Suspension Cabling]]
   * [[http://gwdoc.icrr.u-tokyo.ac.jp/cgi-bin/private/DocDB/ShowDocument?docid=5111| E1605111 BS Suspension Electronic Items List]]
   * Gave dates to Miyakawa-san and asked for feedback and status (no reply yet). Also, some issues with previously ordered cables were brought to attention of Takahashi-san.

 * Watch dog system (Tanaka)
  * [[http://gwdoc.icrr.u-tokyo.ac.jp/cgi-bin/private/DocDB/ShowDocument?docid=5108|Graceful shutdown mechanism]]

  * Will give a presentation at the next AEL meeting on 4/18

 * #Electronics diagram and review
  * #Electronics document tree for VIS by Mark ([[http://gwdoc.icrr.u-tokyo.ac.jp/cgi-bin/private/DocDB/ShowDocument?docid=4937|E1604937]])
  * #Updated PR3 schematic with OpLev wiring ([[http://gwdoc.icrr.u-tokyo.ac.jp/cgi-bin/private/DocDB/ShowDocument?docid=4795|D1604795]])
  * #Who will manage the electronics of each suspension
   * Type-Bp will be controlled by Shoda but the diagram update will be done by Mark
   * Type-A may be maintained by a new engineer. Sould be discussed with the person before April .
  * #We need to count electronics and cables needed for the tests, such as temporary sensors and so on.

== bKAGRA preparation ==
 * Three big categories of the tasks
  * Type-A: Leader = Takahashi, Okutomi, Ishizaki, a new engineer
  * Type-B (BS and SRC): Leader = Mark, Fabian, Hirata
  * Type-Bp modification: Leader = Shoda, Fujii, A new technician (?)

== Common Issues ==
 * Policy of the screw types to be used (Mark, Fabian) [[http://gwdoc.icrr.u-tokyo.ac.jp/cgi-bin/private/DocDB/ShowDocument?docid=5107|E1605107]] ([[https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resid=1447B05D5B571A84!346&authkey=!ABNrIarsklTd8Q0&ithint=file,docx|draft]])
 * Reflection type local sensor (Akutsu)
  * Test widening the opening next week (Akutsu) -> [[http://klog.icrr.u-tokyo.ac.jp/osl/?r=1459|report]]
  * Continue to work on how to fit the reflective sensor into the current coil bobbin (Akutsu)
 * OSEM assembly (Akutsu)
  * Schedule for each suspension is now given to Akutsu-kun

== Type-B ==
 * [[KAGRA/Subgroups/VIS/TypeB]]
 * [[https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resid=D5CCFA70A378E0D0!185&authkey=!AGcFDradxzrNJ00&ithint=folder,txt|Task list/schedule]]
 * Past Week Summary
  * Mark posted [[http://gwdoc.icrr.u-tokyo.ac.jp/cgi-bin/private/DocDB/ShowDocument?docid=3600|JGW-D1503600 - BS Suspension Cabling]], did a summary [[http://gwdoc.icrr.u-tokyo.ac.jp/cgi-bin/private/DocDB/ShowDocument?docid=5111| E1605111 BS Suspension Electronic Items List]] and asked Miyakawa-san for feedback and status (no reply yet). Also, some issues with previously ordered cables were brought to attention of Takahashi-san.
  * Mirapro sent assembly frame quote based on [[http://gwdoc.icrr.u-tokyo.ac.jp/cgi-bin/private/DocDB/ShowDocument?docid=5037|E1605037]]
  * Mark designed a clean bag [[http://gwdoc.icrr.u-tokyo.ac.jp/cgi-bin/private/DocDB/ShowDocument?docid=5123 | T1605123]]
  * Fabian continued analysis of wire thickness versus mode frequency: [[http://gwdoc.icrr.u-tokyo.ac.jp/cgi-bin/private/DocDB/ShowDocument?docid=5106|T1605106]] ([[https://onedrive.live.com/view.aspx?resid=1447B05D5B571A84!354&ithint=file,docx&app=Word&authkey=!AO5CHNP3xlO5RjY|draft]])
  * Hirata-san investigated and found a good height for secondary prism was 3 mm. He drew up the dummy primary prisms and the secondary prisms: [[http://gwdoc.icrr.u-tokyo.ac.jp/cgi-bin/private/DocDB/ShowDocument?docid=5125| D1605125]]
  * Hirata-san did drawings for the flags: [[http://gwdoc.icrr.u-tokyo.ac.jp/cgi-bin/private/DocDB/ShowDocument?docid=5087| D1605087 Flag for BS RM]], [[http://gwdoc.icrr.u-tokyo.ac.jp/cgi-bin/private/DocDB/ShowDocument?docid=5088| D1605088 Flag for BS IM]]
  * Hirata-san asked for quote on prisms and flags.
  * Hirata-san did assembly drawings for the safety bar between IM and RM and for the EQ stop: [[http://gwdoc.icrr.u-tokyo.ac.jp/cgi-bin/private/DocDB/ShowDocument?docid=5127| D1605127]], [[http://gwdoc.icrr.u-tokyo.ac.jp/cgi-bin/private/DocDB/ShowDocument?docid=5124|D1605124]], [[http://gwdoc.icrr.u-tokyo.ac.jp/cgi-bin/private/DocDB/ShowDocument?docid=5112| D1605112 Flag for BS IM type2]]
 * Can we make SR wire breakers bigger?
  * Fukushima-san preparing test: 3/4/2016 + 1 month = ≈4/1/2016 -> Hirata-san and Takahashi-san talking to ATC 4/8 morning.
 * Flag design
  * [[https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resid=D5CCFA70A378E0D0!279&authkey=!ABLGQZIFvuQFtz4&ithint=folder,dwg|BS Flag Redesign on OneDrive]]
   * Drawings done, RFQ issued: [[http://gwdoc.icrr.u-tokyo.ac.jp/cgi-bin/private/DocDB/ShowDocument?docid=5087|D1605087]], [[http://gwdoc.icrr.u-tokyo.ac.jp/cgi-bin/private/DocDB/ShowDocument?docid=5088|D1605088]], [[http://gwdoc.icrr.u-tokyo.ac.jp/cgi-bin/private/DocDB/ShowDocument?docid=5112| D1605112]]
  * Widen the OSEM opening (Akutsu)
  * A new local length sensing
   * Need to decide the strategy for BS: three choices
    * Use OSEMs as originally planned
    * Use OpLev, No OSEM flag
    * Use reflection type sensors, No OSEM flag
   * Decide later!
 * BS dummy optic
  * Ordered, expected ≈4/22 ([[http://gwdoc.icrr.u-tokyo.ac.jp/cgi-bin/private/DocDB/ShowDocument?docid=4811|T1604811]])
 * Prisms
  * New drawings for dummy primary prisms and secondary prisms: [[http://gwdoc.icrr.u-tokyo.ac.jp/cgi-bin/private/DocDB/ShowDocument?docid=5125| D1605125]], safety bar between IM and RM [[http://gwdoc.icrr.u-tokyo.ac.jp/cgi-bin/private/DocDB/ShowDocument?docid=5127| D1605127]], and for the EQ stop [[http://gwdoc.icrr.u-tokyo.ac.jp/cgi-bin/private/DocDB/ShowDocument?docid=5124|D1605124]]
 * EQ stop screws, extensions and lock nuts (in manufacture - promised for 4/22)
 * Ballast masses for payload
  * Hirata-san created drawings [[https://www.dropbox.com/sh/t5tfj9uvdkldk1d/AAB0ypH6SZpZjBYK0E0416Lwa?dl=0|DropBox link]]
  * Drawings were checked by Mark, not yet ordered.
 * Lower breadboard stuff
  * Breadboard spring bases and associated cable clamps (in manufacture, expected 4/15)
  * Breadboard springs (in manufacture)
  * Damper ring mods (in manufacture, expected 4/28)
  * Nail-head parts: quote from Mirapro received, not urgent, will be combined with assembly frame order.
 * BS Assembly Frame Design (Mark, Hirata)
  * Quote received, drawings being checked. Will need minor modifications to support clean bag (see below).
 * Clean bag
  * Design done: [[http://gwdoc.icrr.u-tokyo.ac.jp/cgi-bin/private/DocDB/ShowDocument?docid=5123 | T1605123]]
  * Aso-san will order
 * 2D and 3D CAD
  * BS 3D Assembly
   * Lots of new drawings - see above or [[http://gwdoc.icrr.u-tokyo.ac.jp/cgi-bin/private/DocDB/ShowDocument?docid=5035| E1605035 VIS Document and Drawing Tree (BS)]]
   * 3D CAD for BS assembly frame received from Mirapro - Hirata-san is adding clean bag extension and rail stuff.
 * Electronics
  * Lots of work:
   * [[http://gwdoc.icrr.u-tokyo.ac.jp/cgi-bin/private/DocDB/ShowDocument?docid=3600|JGW-D1503600 - BS Suspension Cabling]]
   * [[http://gwdoc.icrr.u-tokyo.ac.jp/cgi-bin/private/DocDB/ShowDocument?docid=5111| E1605111 BS Suspension Electronic Items List]]
   * [[http://gwdoc.icrr.u-tokyo.ac.jp/cgi-bin/private/DocDB/ShowDocument?docid=3901| D1503901 In-Vacuum Cable Detail]]
   * Item list and timetable was given to Miyakawa-san.
   * Need to get new longer versions of some previously ordered BF-PI and SF-PI cables (Takahashi).
   * Need to check previously ordered TM-BF and IM-BF OSEM cables have been flipped (Takahashi).
   * Decided to hand-make cables for geophones because previously ordered cables have no conductor on pin 5.
   * Need to get status on design of stepper drive box (requested by Sekiguchi-san [[http://gwdoc.icrr.u-tokyo.ac.jp/cgi-bin/private/DocDB/ShowDocument?docid=3385|T1503385]])
 * Procedure documents
  * No action since last week
 * Mirror box (Tatsumi)
  * Hirata-san is working on this as top priority - design decided, drawings being checked, will get them to Tatsumi-san ASAP.
  * BS clamp blocks already adjusted.
 * Not enough crane height problem (Hirata, Saito)
  * No action since last week

== Type A ==
 * [[http://gwdoc.icrr.u-tokyo.ac.jp/cgi-bin/private/DocDB/ShowDocument?docid=4792|Task list]] (Takahashi)

 * Prototype test<<BR>>
  * The prototype EQ stop was transported from Kashiwa to Kamioka on 31th March.
  * Assembly of the EQ stop prototype on 6-7 April next to the SR3 chamber. -> Found a lot of things to improve. Report by Okutomi.
   * Will redeisgn the EQ stops for the actual Type-A suepsnions.
  * Demonstration of installation procedure using prototype filters (SFx1 + BFx2) from May
   * Use the prototype EQ stops with the old Type-B assembly frame
   * Clean booth construction for SR will start from July 1st.
   * The location will be between SR2 and SR3. Will talk with Saito-san if this plan is OK or not on 4/15 (Takahashi)
 * The next Type-A meeting will be on 4/14.
 * The test of prototype long maraging rod was started. Detail is here: http://klog.icrr.u-tokyo.ac.jp/osl/index.php?r=1185
  * Load dependence was measured using a laser position sensor. Extension of 2.84mm was observed for the load of 272.8kg. The extension is consistent with the calculation (2.75mm).
 * Maraging rod preparation status
  * 2 sets for magnetic dampers are missing
  * 4 long maraging rods will
 * Care on the humidity should be taken to store maraging steel to avoid cracking noise.

 * Type-A Filters Optimal Load Measurements
  * Started the measurements and installation of fishing rods: [[http://gwdoc.icrr.u-tokyo.ac.jp/cgi-bin/private/DocDB/ShowDocument?docid=5105|report]]
 * Simultion (Okutomi)
  * Simulation with a dummy payload (report)
  * Will update the seismic noise data.
  * Need to implement the damping control part to see the damped RMS.
  * Ballast masses for the top filter may interfere with the magic wands.
   * Need to check how many ballast masses are necessaryfor Type-B and see if they interfere (Mark). If so we need to modify the mass like making some cuts.

== Type-Bp modification ==
 * This Week
  * Working on the CAD model and control simulation of BF modification (Shoda)

  * Details will be reported at the next meeting.
 * Traverser motor driver (Shoda)
  * Need a box for stepping motor driver. Miyakawa-san is thinking about ordering chassis and boxes for motors. We discussed and agreed that the design of the boxes will be unified. The boxes will be designed and ordered together with those. (16/03/10)
  * Miyakawa-san wants to have a driver and a motor to test
   * Will give them to MIyakawa-san when Shoda-san come to Kamioka for the shifts
    . -> Done (3/28)
    * Shoda is also asking Uraguchi-san to provide one more Traverser motor driver for the test.

 * Modification for bKAGRA
  * [[KAGRA/Subgroups/VIS/TypeBp|wiki]]
   * Uraguchi-san proposed us the new IP plan
   * Shoda updated the proposal(concerns?) for the BF active damping plan

  * Action items for Type-Bp modification
   * Calculate the upper limit of the resonant fequency for IP (Fujii): [[http://gwdoc.icrr.u-tokyo.ac.jp/cgi-bin/private/DocDB/ShowDocument?docid=5096|MeetingMemo]]
   * Check if we need the magnetic damper for the bottom filter (Fujii): [[http://gwdoc.icrr.u-tokyo.ac.jp/cgi-bin/private/DocDB/ShowDocument?docid=5096|MeetingMemo]]
    * Either the MD is used or the resonant frequency of the IP should be matched with the whole chain resonance.
   * Check the mass of the bottom plate and the cap of the standard filter -> Send Uraguchi-san (Shoda)
    . -> Done (3/31)
   * Check structure analysis of the EQ stop for active damping on BF (Shoda)
   * Check the minimam weight we need for the BFRM in order to damp the resonance enough (Shoda)
   * Check the capability to modify the BF cap (Shoda)
    . '''We want the correct CAD model for the original Type-Bp'''
    * The BF and SF designs are the same for Bp and B except for the blades. So the effort to make correct CAD models for those filters can be unified between the two teams. Hirata-san with help from Shoda-san will work to make correct CAD models.

  * Will have a meeting with Virgo people sometime soon. Then have a review for Type-Bp

== Site work plan for the next week ==
 * Mon:
 * Tue:
 * Wed:
 * Thu:
 * Fri:

== Travel Plans ==
 * Travel (Week of 4/18)
  * Takahashi:23-25 (Shift)
  * Shoda:
  * Mark:
  * Fabian:
  * Okutomi:
  * Fujii:
  * Ishizaki:
  * Hirata:
  * Ohishi:

 * Travel (Week of 4/25)
  * Takahashi:
  * Shoda:
  * Mark:
  * Fabian:
  * Okutomi:
  * Fujii:
  * Ishizaki:
  * Hirata:
  * Ohishi:

== Other ==
 * Safety
  *

 * #GAS blade inspection by Virgo (Takahashi)
  * Shipped the blades. Will get results in 1-2 months.

== Next meeting ==
2016/4/22 (Fri) 13:30 -

Scraps of text for incorporation in the VIS Meeting Minutes

KAGRA/Subgroups/VIS/MeetingNAOJ

VIS Meeting on 2016/4/15

2016/4/15 13:30 -

Room 210 & eZuce

Participants:

Schedule

  • #Schedule status (Aso)
  • #Will have a schedule meeting with Ando-san on April 15th in Kamioka (Takahashi, Mark, Shoda will come)

PR3

  • PR3 Operation Status (Aso)
  • Traverser and Stepper motor remote control (Shoda):
    • Aso will send a stepper motor driver from Kamioka to Mitaka for test.-> Done

iKAGRA ETM suspension

  • Current status (Ohishi)

Electronics

  • What are necessary in the next few weeks ?
  • Watch dog system (Tanaka)
  • #Electronics diagram and review
    • #Electronics document tree for VIS by Mark (E1604937)

    • #Updated PR3 schematic with OpLev wiring (D1604795)

    • #Who will manage the electronics of each suspension
      • Type-Bp will be controlled by Shoda but the diagram update will be done by Mark
      • Type-A may be maintained by a new engineer. Sould be discussed with the person before April .
    • #We need to count electronics and cables needed for the tests, such as temporary sensors and so on.

bKAGRA preparation

  • Three big categories of the tasks
    • Type-A: Leader = Takahashi, Okutomi, Ishizaki, a new engineer
    • Type-B (BS and SRC): Leader = Mark, Fabian, Hirata
    • Type-Bp modification: Leader = Shoda, Fujii, A new technician (?)

Common Issues

  • Policy of the screw types to be used (Mark, Fabian) E1605107 (draft)

  • Reflection type local sensor (Akutsu)
    • Test widening the opening next week (Akutsu) -> report

    • Continue to work on how to fit the reflective sensor into the current coil bobbin (Akutsu)
  • OSEM assembly (Akutsu)
    • Schedule for each suspension is now given to Akutsu-kun

Type-B

  • KAGRA/Subgroups/VIS/TypeB

  • Task list/schedule

  • Past Week Summary
  • Can we make SR wire breakers bigger?
    • Fukushima-san preparing test: 3/4/2016 + 1 month = ≈4/1/2016 -> Hirata-san and Takahashi-san talking to ATC 4/8 morning.

  • Flag design
    • BS Flag Redesign on OneDrive

    • Widen the OSEM opening (Akutsu)
    • A new local length sensing
      • Need to decide the strategy for BS: three choices
        • Use OSEMs as originally planned
        • Use OpLev, No OSEM flag

        • Use reflection type sensors, No OSEM flag
      • Decide later!
  • BS dummy optic
  • Prisms
    • New drawings for dummy primary prisms and secondary prisms: D1605125, safety bar between IM and RM D1605127, and for the EQ stop D1605124

  • EQ stop screws, extensions and lock nuts (in manufacture - promised for 4/22)
  • Ballast masses for payload
    • Hirata-san created drawings DropBox link

    • Drawings were checked by Mark, not yet ordered.
  • Lower breadboard stuff
    • Breadboard spring bases and associated cable clamps (in manufacture, expected 4/15)
    • Breadboard springs (in manufacture)
    • Damper ring mods (in manufacture, expected 4/28)
    • Nail-head parts: quote from Mirapro received, not urgent, will be combined with assembly frame order.
  • BS Assembly Frame Design (Mark, Hirata)
    • Quote received, drawings being checked. Will need minor modifications to support clean bag (see below).
  • Clean bag
    • Design done: T1605123

    • Aso-san will order
  • 2D and 3D CAD
  • Electronics
  • Procedure documents
    • No action since last week
  • Mirror box (Tatsumi)
    • Hirata-san is working on this as top priority - design decided, drawings being checked, will get them to Tatsumi-san ASAP.
    • BS clamp blocks already adjusted.
  • Not enough crane height problem (Hirata, Saito)
    • No action since last week

Type A

  • Task list (Takahashi)

  • Prototype test

    • The prototype EQ stop was transported from Kashiwa to Kamioka on 31th March.
    • Assembly of the EQ stop prototype on 6-7 April next to the SR3 chamber. -> Found a lot of things to improve. Report by Okutomi.

      • Will redeisgn the EQ stops for the actual Type-A suepsnions.
    • Demonstration of installation procedure using prototype filters (SFx1 + BFx2) from May
      • Use the prototype EQ stops with the old Type-B assembly frame
      • Clean booth construction for SR will start from July 1st.
      • The location will be between SR2 and SR3. Will talk with Saito-san if this plan is OK or not on 4/15 (Takahashi)
  • The next Type-A meeting will be on 4/14.
  • The test of prototype long maraging rod was started. Detail is here: http://klog.icrr.u-tokyo.ac.jp/osl/index.php?r=1185

    • Load dependence was measured using a laser position sensor. Extension of 2.84mm was observed for the load of 272.8kg. The extension is consistent with the calculation (2.75mm).
  • Maraging rod preparation status
    • 2 sets for magnetic dampers are missing
    • 4 long maraging rods will
  • Care on the humidity should be taken to store maraging steel to avoid cracking noise.
  • Type-A Filters Optimal Load Measurements
    • Started the measurements and installation of fishing rods: report

  • Simultion (Okutomi)
    • Simulation with a dummy payload (report)
    • Will update the seismic noise data.
    • Need to implement the damping control part to see the damped RMS.
    • Ballast masses for the top filter may interfere with the magic wands.
      • Need to check how many ballast masses are necessaryfor Type-B and see if they interfere (Mark). If so we need to modify the mass like making some cuts.

Type-Bp modification

  • This Week
    • Working on the CAD model and control simulation of BF modification (Shoda)
    • Details will be reported at the next meeting.
  • Traverser motor driver (Shoda)
    • Need a box for stepping motor driver. Miyakawa-san is thinking about ordering chassis and boxes for motors. We discussed and agreed that the design of the boxes will be unified. The boxes will be designed and ordered together with those. (16/03/10)
    • Miyakawa-san wants to have a driver and a motor to test
      • Will give them to MIyakawa-san when Shoda-san come to Kamioka for the shifts
        • -> Done (3/28)

        • Shoda is also asking Uraguchi-san to provide one more Traverser motor driver for the test.
  • Modification for bKAGRA
    • wiki

      • Uraguchi-san proposed us the new IP plan
      • Shoda updated the proposal(concerns?) for the BF active damping plan
    • Action items for Type-Bp modification
      • Calculate the upper limit of the resonant fequency for IP (Fujii): MeetingMemo

      • Check if we need the magnetic damper for the bottom filter (Fujii): MeetingMemo

        • Either the MD is used or the resonant frequency of the IP should be matched with the whole chain resonance.
      • Check the mass of the bottom plate and the cap of the standard filter -> Send Uraguchi-san (Shoda)

        • -> Done (3/31)

      • Check structure analysis of the EQ stop for active damping on BF (Shoda)
      • Check the minimam weight we need for the BFRM in order to damp the resonance enough (Shoda)
      • Check the capability to modify the BF cap (Shoda)
        • We want the correct CAD model for the original Type-Bp

        • The BF and SF designs are the same for Bp and B except for the blades. So the effort to make correct CAD models for those filters can be unified between the two teams. Hirata-san with help from Shoda-san will work to make correct CAD models.
    • Will have a meeting with Virgo people sometime soon. Then have a review for Type-Bp

Site work plan for the next week

  • Mon:
  • Tue:
  • Wed:
  • Thu:
  • Fri:

Travel Plans

  • Travel (Week of 4/18)
    • Takahashi:23-25 (Shift)

    • Shoda:
    • Mark:
    • Fabian:
    • Okutomi:
    • Fujii:
    • Ishizaki:
    • Hirata:
    • Ohishi:
  • Travel (Week of 4/25)
    • Takahashi:
    • Shoda:
    • Mark:
    • Fabian:
    • Okutomi:
    • Fujii:
    • Ishizaki:
    • Hirata:
    • Ohishi:

Other

  • Safety
  • #GAS blade inspection by Virgo (Takahashi)
    • Shipped the blades. Will get results in 1-2 months.

Next meeting

2016/4/22 (Fri) 13:30 -

KAGRA/Subgroups/VIS/TypeB/Minutes (last edited 2022-07-29 13:18:56 by fabian.arellano)