Differences between revisions 331 and 333 (spanning 2 versions)
Revision 331 as of 2018-10-05 18:27:58
Size: 3203
Editor: MarkBarton
Comment:
Revision 333 as of 2018-10-11 16:57:56
Size: 2630
Editor: MarkBarton
Comment:
Deletions are marked like this. Additions are marked like this.
Line 6: Line 6:
==== Report for week of 10/1 ==== ==== Report for week of 10/8 ====
 * This was Panwei's last week (for now at least) - thanks for all the help!
 * Thanks also to Terrence for visiting again for the week.
===== SR3 =====
 * Terrence and Mark finished setting up the LEN half of the OL (Simon had roughly placed the components). They ran a new cable for LEN in the cable tray and relaid the cable for TILT to get it off the floor.
 * Terrence worked on diagonalizing the LEN OL. A report is forthcoming.
===== SRM =====
 * Mark installed a pair of power supplies in the SRM and copied settings across to the SRM real-time model.
 * Fabian did lots of rack cabling, including installing and connecting BIO cards.
 * Mark and Hirata-san checked and adjusted the pitch of the BF (with a bubble level) and the IM/... section (with the OL.
 * Mark and Panwei installed the sides of the IRM and the IM OSEMs.
 * Hirata-san hung the dummy load from the F0 and started compressing the blade. There was a significant lateral offset (≈2-3 mm towards the blade at 5:30) at first but Takahashi-san advised that it would probably improve with compression, and it did.
 * Mark and Hirata-san cleared off most of two optical tables and a set of shelves in the OMMT area that Type B had been using but were now required by Somiya-san and Ohishi-san. We still need to remove the geophone and OSEM testing setups.
Line 8: Line 21:
 * We solved a mystery with the height of the BF keystone: it turns out that running the table KOACH filters in the tank warms it up (by about 1.5°C) and causes significant sag (700 µm). D'oh!
 * We ran power to the pico drivers.
 * We got the lower section of the SR2 fairly well aligned with just a bit of adjustment with the IM pitch and roll picos.
 * We helped Lucia double-check the geometry of the IP - the current matrix calculation assumes the FRs and the LVDT sensors and actuators are colocated, which is much closer to true than for the BS, but not quite right.
 * We gave up on doing anything more with SR2 for now because we're waiting on extra extension cables for the PI and Fujii-kun will want to borrow one of the geophones next week for a huddle test with new geophones.
 * Mark, Enzo and Hirata-san all inspected the lower section of the SR2 to see if there were any interference points that might explain some unexpected peaks in the TFs that weren't present before installation. There were no stops touching, but some TM OSEM cables were rubbing against each other. [??? Did the fix work?]
 * We removed the tank lid, and Enzo and Panwei inspected the cabling that had been done during Enzo's vacation and installed some new cables that had arrived. They also unlocked the IP.

==== Plan for week of 10/15 ====
 * Mark, Enzo, Hirata-san and Fabian at Kamioka Mon-Fri.
===== SR2 =====
 * Continue shakedown.
Line 14: Line 29:
 * We set the pitch of the SRM and RM, tightened the clamps and removed the winch system.
 * We installed the BF crossbars of the assembly frame and the BF ring section of the security structure.
 * We lifted the IM/... section on the load gauge to find its weight.
 * We craned in the BF and removed the cap.
 * We installed the BF-IRM rods and the IRM top plate.
 * We installed the BF-IM maraging rod and flying saucer cable clamps.
 * We suspended the IM/... section and adjusted the trim masses for balance and total mass. It took quite a lot of adjustment in each of pitch, roll and vertical. The vertical was due to the fact that the weight of the IM/... section is very close to that of SR2/SR3 but the SRM BF is about 0.5 kg weaker. The roll was due to the fact that the default configuration of trim mass had no correction for the horizontal wedge on the optic. However the pitch is a bit of a mystery - nearly all of the removed mass had to come off the AR side. Fortunately we were able to correct for it entirely with masses we had in hand.
 * We routed the TM OSEM cables via the flying saucer up to the underside of the BF.
 * We got 2 power supplies from Shimode-san so we can fire up the SRM rack next week. He will also supply suitable cables to connect the power supplies to the DC power strip in the rack.
 * We received the replated yoke for the SRM top filter.

==== Plan for week of 10/8 ====
 * Monday 10/8 is Sports Day.
 * Enzo returns Tuesday 10/9.
 * Mark and Terrence (plus TBD) at Kamioka Mon-Fri.
 * Enzo, Hirata-san, Fabian and Panwei at Kamioka Tue-Fri.
===== SR2/SR3 =====
 * Terrence to set up LEN half of SR3 OL and, time permitting, TILT and LEN for SR2.
===== SRM =====
 * Cable/test BF.
 * Install IRM.
 * Install/cable/test IM OSEMs.
 * Align IRM with IM.
Line 37: Line 31:
 * Build up the AF and SS to the SF level.
 * Install the SF.
Line 44: Line 40:
 * Enzo: 9/15 through 10/8 vacation in Chile.
* Terrence: 10/8-12, 10/29-11/2 at Kamioka.
 * Terrence: 10/29-11/2 at Kamioka.

Scraps of text for incorporation in the VIS Meeting Minutes

KAGRA/Subgroups/VIS/MeetingNAOJ

Type B (Mark)

Report for week of 10/8

  • This was Panwei's last week (for now at least) - thanks for all the help!
  • Thanks also to Terrence for visiting again for the week.

SR3
  • Terrence and Mark finished setting up the LEN half of the OL (Simon had roughly placed the components). They ran a new cable for LEN in the cable tray and relaid the cable for TILT to get it off the floor.
  • Terrence worked on diagonalizing the LEN OL. A report is forthcoming.

SRM
  • Mark installed a pair of power supplies in the SRM and copied settings across to the SRM real-time model.
  • Fabian did lots of rack cabling, including installing and connecting BIO cards.
  • Mark and Hirata-san checked and adjusted the pitch of the BF (with a bubble level) and the IM/... section (with the OL.
  • Mark and Panwei installed the sides of the IRM and the IM OSEMs.
  • Hirata-san hung the dummy load from the F0 and started compressing the blade. There was a significant lateral offset (≈2-3 mm towards the blade at 5:30) at first but Takahashi-san advised that it would probably improve with compression, and it did.
  • Mark and Hirata-san cleared off most of two optical tables and a set of shelves in the OMMT area that Type B had been using but were now required by Somiya-san and Ohishi-san. We still need to remove the geophone and OSEM testing setups.

SR2
  • Mark, Enzo and Hirata-san all inspected the lower section of the SR2 to see if there were any interference points that might explain some unexpected peaks in the TFs that weren't present before installation. There were no stops touching, but some TM OSEM cables were rubbing against each other. [??? Did the fix work?]
  • We removed the tank lid, and Enzo and Panwei inspected the cabling that had been done during Enzo's vacation and installed some new cables that had arrived. They also unlocked the IP.

Plan for week of 10/15

  • Mark, Enzo, Hirata-san and Fabian at Kamioka Mon-Fri.

SR2
  • Continue shakedown.

SRM
  • Align IRM with IM.
  • Suspend/weigh/balance the BF/... section.
  • Build up the AF and SS to the SF level.
  • Install the SF.

To-Do Lists, Schedule

Vacation/Visitor Info

  • Terrence: 10/29-11/2 at Kamioka.

KAGRA/Subgroups/VIS/TypeB/Minutes (last edited 2022-07-29 13:18:56 by fabian.arellano)