Differences between revisions 334 and 337 (spanning 3 versions)
Revision 334 as of 2018-10-12 13:28:07
Size: 2761
Editor: MarkBarton
Comment:
Revision 337 as of 2018-10-25 11:46:21
Size: 2846
Editor: MarkBarton
Comment:
Deletions are marked like this. Additions are marked like this.
Line 6: Line 6:
==== Report for week of 10/8 ====
 * This was Panwei's last week (for now at least) - thanks for all the help!
 * Thanks also to Terrence for visiting again for the week.
===== SR3 =====
 * Terrence and Mark finished setting up the LEN half of the OL (Simon had roughly placed the components). They ran a new cable for LEN in the cable tray and relaid the cable for TILT to get it off the floor.
 * Terrence worked on diagonalizing the LEN OL. A report is forthcoming.
==== Report for week of 10/22 ====
Line 13: Line 8:
 * Mark installed a pair of power supplies in the SRM and copied settings across to the SRM real-time model.
 * Fabian did lots of rack cabling, including installing and connecting BIO cards.
 * Mark and Hirata-san checked and adjusted the pitch of the BF (with a bubble level) and the IM/... section (with the OL).
 * Mark and Panwei installed the sides of the IRM and the IM OSEMs.
 * Hirata-san hung the dummy load from the F0 and started compressing the blade. There was a significant lateral offset (≈2-3 mm towards the blade at 5:30) at first but Takahashi-san advised that it would probably improve with compression, and it did.
 * Mark and Hirata-san cleared off most of two optical tables and a set of shelves in the OMMT area that Type B had been using but were now required by Somiya-san and Ohishi-san. We still need to remove the geophone and OSEM testing setups.
 * We borrowed the TM HPCDs from SR2 and SR3 so that SRM had HPCDs for IM-H, IM-V and GAS.
 * Fabian adjusted the last two OSEMs (IM-H2 and H3).
 * We closed the BF and weighed the BF/... section.
 * Fabian and Hirata-san routed all the BF/... cables via the BF cap (except for the four TM OSEM cables, where we're still waiting for extensions).
 * We built up the assembly frame and security structure to the SF level and craned in the SF.
 * We installed the SF-BF rod and flying saucer.
 * Hirata-san collected a suitable CuBe spring and bracket parts from Type A. He ultrasonically cleaned the bracket and then installed the bracket and spring on the F0.
 * Enzo soldered some short and/or broken cables to make longer cables that we need urgently. He got in touch with Yamamoto-san to arrange bringing them to Toyama University and ultrasonically cleaning them.
 * We pulled out cables running to the OMMT area that were used for the old OSEM/geophone testing setup and started a new geophone testing setup in the SR3 area using the optical table from the SR2 assembly frame.
 * Hirose-san reported results from his astigmatism test on the second SRM small optic and metal mass. With the tight shims (1.0 mm thickness, as used for the installed SRM) there was substantial astigmatism, but with the next looser available size (1.5 mm), there was no astigmatism but the optic is held very poorly and rattles. Hirose-san is ordering some intermediate thicknesses and will make a recommendation. However he will almost certainly suggest that we change the shims on the hanging SRM, so we need to think about whether that is feasible.
Line 21: Line 20:
 * Mark, Enzo and Hirata-san all inspected the lower section of the SR2 to see if there were any interference points that might explain some unexpected peaks in the TFs (especially the RM pitch made appearing in longitudinal) that weren't present before installation. There were no stops touching, but some TM OSEM cables were rubbing against each other, which we fixed. The problem turned out to be swapped cables in the coil actuation.
 * We removed the tank lid, and Enzo and Panwei inspected the cabling that had been done during Enzo's vacation and installed some new cables that had arrived. They also unlocked the IP.
 * Akutsu-san collected the parts we will need for the SR2 OL so that Terrence can install it next week.
 * Hirata-san supervised the disassembly of the assembly frame. The pieces are now in the IMMT area, although we may need to move them again because they're a bit in the way.
Line 24: Line 23:
==== Plan for week of 10/15 ====
 * Mark, Enzo, Hirata-san and Fabian at Kamioka Mon-Fri.
==== Plan for week of 10/29 ====
 * Mark, Enzo, Hirata-san, Fabian and Terrence at Kamioka Mon-Fri.
Line 27: Line 26:
 * Continue shakedown of PI section.  * Set up OL.
 * Do a measurement of how much torque is required on the F0 keystone to move the system in yaw. (This will help Sato-san choose a suitable stepper driver for the new design.)
 * Possibly add more arc weights, to get below 0.1 Hz.
Line 29: Line 30:
 * Align IRM with IM.
 * Suspend/weigh/balance the BF/... section.
 * Build up the AF and SS to the SF level.
 * Install the SF.
 * Continue assembly.

Scraps of text for incorporation in the VIS Meeting Minutes

KAGRA/Subgroups/VIS/MeetingNAOJ

Type B (Mark)

Report for week of 10/22

SRM
  • We borrowed the TM HPCDs from SR2 and SR3 so that SRM had HPCDs for IM-H, IM-V and GAS.
  • Fabian adjusted the last two OSEMs (IM-H2 and H3).
  • We closed the BF and weighed the BF/... section.
  • Fabian and Hirata-san routed all the BF/... cables via the BF cap (except for the four TM OSEM cables, where we're still waiting for extensions).
  • We built up the assembly frame and security structure to the SF level and craned in the SF.
  • We installed the SF-BF rod and flying saucer.
  • Hirata-san collected a suitable CuBe spring and bracket parts from Type A. He ultrasonically cleaned the bracket and then installed the bracket and spring on the F0.

  • Enzo soldered some short and/or broken cables to make longer cables that we need urgently. He got in touch with Yamamoto-san to arrange bringing them to Toyama University and ultrasonically cleaning them.
  • We pulled out cables running to the OMMT area that were used for the old OSEM/geophone testing setup and started a new geophone testing setup in the SR3 area using the optical table from the SR2 assembly frame.
  • Hirose-san reported results from his astigmatism test on the second SRM small optic and metal mass. With the tight shims (1.0 mm thickness, as used for the installed SRM) there was substantial astigmatism, but with the next looser available size (1.5 mm), there was no astigmatism but the optic is held very poorly and rattles. Hirose-san is ordering some intermediate thicknesses and will make a recommendation. However he will almost certainly suggest that we change the shims on the hanging SRM, so we need to think about whether that is feasible.

SR2
  • Akutsu-san collected the parts we will need for the SR2 OL so that Terrence can install it next week.
  • Hirata-san supervised the disassembly of the assembly frame. The pieces are now in the IMMT area, although we may need to move them again because they're a bit in the way.

Plan for week of 10/29

  • Mark, Enzo, Hirata-san, Fabian and Terrence at Kamioka Mon-Fri.

SR2
  • Set up OL.
  • Do a measurement of how much torque is required on the F0 keystone to move the system in yaw. (This will help Sato-san choose a suitable stepper driver for the new design.)
  • Possibly add more arc weights, to get below 0.1 Hz.

SRM
  • Continue assembly.

To-Do Lists, Schedule

Vacation/Visitor Info

  • Terrence: 10/29-11/2 at Kamioka.

KAGRA/Subgroups/VIS/TypeB/Minutes (last edited 2022-06-24 12:23:36 by fabian.arellano)