Differences between revisions 336 and 337
Revision 336 as of 2018-10-19 13:23:15
Size: 3428
Editor: MarkBarton
Comment:
Revision 337 as of 2018-10-25 11:46:21
Size: 2846
Editor: MarkBarton
Comment:
Deletions are marked like this. Additions are marked like this.
Line 6: Line 6:
==== Report for week of 10/15 ==== ==== Report for week of 10/22 ====
Line 8: Line 8:
 * We received the fourth feedthrough we had been waiting for and installed it on the AF.
 * Fabian added the cables between the FE computer and the ADC/DAC boxes, and we checked that we were getting IO in the real-time model.
 * Fabian and Enzo connected up the Sat Amps.
 * Fabian double-checked the optic pitch, got the IRM nicely aligned to the IM, cabled IM OSEMs V1, V2, V3 and H1, and adjusted those OSEMs in/out to midrange.
 * Hirata-san set the compression on the F0 to 30 mm and measured the height and frequency as a function of load. He then fixed a loose screw on one of the blade tips and repeated the measurement. The frequency was fairly constant at around 0.5, which will do. He did a mass budget and chose a F1 CuBe spring. We may do a tiny bit more compression if the frequency degrades, and/or choose an even stronger spring if the load capacity is not enough.
 * Hirata-san took apart and reassembled one of the LBB blade units, which had a badly seated blade.
 * Hirata-san put cable clamps on the SF and on the PI. We are very short on the PEEK clamp pieces, so he scavenged some from SR2.
 * We added a new LAN hub for SRM, and configured two stepper drivers as SRM_IP and SRM_GAS.
 * Late in the week we received extra Type 3-4 cables (thanks to Sato-san for expediting) and were able to cable IM OSEMs H2 and H3, and the BF LVDT.
 * Enzo made a new batch of feedthrough adapters.
 * We borrowed the TM HPCDs from SR2 and SR3 so that SRM had HPCDs for IM-H, IM-V and GAS.
 * Fabian adjusted the last two OSEMs (IM-H2 and H3).
 * We closed the BF and weighed the BF/... section.
 * Fabian and Hirata-san routed all the BF/... cables via the BF cap (except for the four TM OSEM cables, where we're still waiting for extensions).
 * We built up the assembly frame and security structure to the SF level and craned in the SF.
 * We installed the SF-BF rod and flying saucer.
 * Hirata-san collected a suitable CuBe spring and bracket parts from Type A. He ultrasonically cleaned the bracket and then installed the bracket and spring on the F0.
 * Enzo soldered some short and/or broken cables to make longer cables that we need urgently. He got in touch with Yamamoto-san to arrange bringing them to Toyama University and ultrasonically cleaning them.
 * We pulled out cables running to the OMMT area that were used for the old OSEM/geophone testing setup and started a new geophone testing setup in the SR3 area using the optical table from the SR2 assembly frame.
 * Hirose-san reported results from his astigmatism test on the second SRM small optic and metal mass. With the tight shims (1.0 mm thickness, as used for the installed SRM) there was substantial astigmatism, but with the next looser available size (1.5 mm), there was no astigmatism but the optic is held very poorly and rattles. Hirose-san is ordering some intermediate thicknesses and will make a recommendation. However he will almost certainly suggest that we change the shims on the hanging SRM, so we need to think about whether that is feasible.
Line 19: Line 20:
 * We finalized the geophone cabling and reinstalled the geophones.
 * We received the new arc weights, and used some of them to install a basic allotment of 6 38-mm weights on SR3 per the CAD. We then added two extra 19-mm arc weights for tuning and got a good IP frequency of 0.133 Hz.
 * Apart from the F0 yaw stepper issue and the OL, the SR2 is now more-or-less complete and adjusted mechanically, and just needs software work (control loops etc). We will however have to borrow one of the geophones at some point to do a huddle test with the final batch of new geophones (including those for SRM). Terrence can set up the OL in the week of 10/29.
==== Plan for week of 10/22 ====
 * Friday is NAOJ Open Day Prep - no Kamioka work.
 * Mark, Hirata-san and Fabian at Kamioka Mon-Thu.
 * Enzo at Kamioka Tue-Thu.
===== SR2 =====
 * Do a measurement of how much torque is required on the F0 keystone to move the system in yaw. (This will help Sato-san choose a suitable stepper driver for the new design.)
 * Continue shakedown.
 * Gather parts for the OL (with help from Simon).
===== SRM =====
 * Scavenge HPCDs from SR2 and SR3 (currently we only have one for SRM) and organize to get LPCDs modified.
 * Suspend/weigh/balance the BF/... section.
 * Build up the AF and SS to the SF level.
 * Install the SF.
 * Akutsu-san collected the parts we will need for the SR2 OL so that Terrence can install it next week.
 * Hirata-san supervised the disassembly of the assembly frame. The pieces are now in the IMMT area, although we may need to move them again because they're a bit in the way.
Line 39: Line 27:
 * Do a measurement of how much torque is required on the F0 keystone to move the system in yaw. (This will help Sato-san choose a suitable stepper driver for the new design.)
 * Possibly add more arc weights, to get below 0.1 Hz.

Scraps of text for incorporation in the VIS Meeting Minutes

KAGRA/Subgroups/VIS/MeetingNAOJ

Type B (Mark)

Report for week of 10/22

SRM
  • We borrowed the TM HPCDs from SR2 and SR3 so that SRM had HPCDs for IM-H, IM-V and GAS.
  • Fabian adjusted the last two OSEMs (IM-H2 and H3).
  • We closed the BF and weighed the BF/... section.
  • Fabian and Hirata-san routed all the BF/... cables via the BF cap (except for the four TM OSEM cables, where we're still waiting for extensions).
  • We built up the assembly frame and security structure to the SF level and craned in the SF.
  • We installed the SF-BF rod and flying saucer.
  • Hirata-san collected a suitable CuBe spring and bracket parts from Type A. He ultrasonically cleaned the bracket and then installed the bracket and spring on the F0.

  • Enzo soldered some short and/or broken cables to make longer cables that we need urgently. He got in touch with Yamamoto-san to arrange bringing them to Toyama University and ultrasonically cleaning them.
  • We pulled out cables running to the OMMT area that were used for the old OSEM/geophone testing setup and started a new geophone testing setup in the SR3 area using the optical table from the SR2 assembly frame.
  • Hirose-san reported results from his astigmatism test on the second SRM small optic and metal mass. With the tight shims (1.0 mm thickness, as used for the installed SRM) there was substantial astigmatism, but with the next looser available size (1.5 mm), there was no astigmatism but the optic is held very poorly and rattles. Hirose-san is ordering some intermediate thicknesses and will make a recommendation. However he will almost certainly suggest that we change the shims on the hanging SRM, so we need to think about whether that is feasible.

SR2
  • Akutsu-san collected the parts we will need for the SR2 OL so that Terrence can install it next week.
  • Hirata-san supervised the disassembly of the assembly frame. The pieces are now in the IMMT area, although we may need to move them again because they're a bit in the way.

Plan for week of 10/29

  • Mark, Enzo, Hirata-san, Fabian and Terrence at Kamioka Mon-Fri.

SR2
  • Set up OL.
  • Do a measurement of how much torque is required on the F0 keystone to move the system in yaw. (This will help Sato-san choose a suitable stepper driver for the new design.)
  • Possibly add more arc weights, to get below 0.1 Hz.

SRM
  • Continue assembly.

To-Do Lists, Schedule

Vacation/Visitor Info

  • Terrence: 10/29-11/2 at Kamioka.

KAGRA/Subgroups/VIS/TypeB/Minutes (last edited 2022-09-02 09:11:42 by fabian.arellano)