Differences between revisions 339 and 341 (spanning 2 versions)
Revision 339 as of 2018-10-28 19:16:53
Size: 4354
Editor: MarkBarton
Comment:
Revision 341 as of 2018-11-02 13:26:27
Size: 3493
Editor: MarkBarton
Comment:
Deletions are marked like this. Additions are marked like this.
Line 6: Line 6:
==== Report for week of 10/22 ==== ==== Report for week of 10/29 ====
 * SRM
  * Enzo repaired some broken cables and made some long cables from shorter ones. We ultrasonically cleaned them at Toyama U, with help from Yamamoto-san. Enzo then reinforced the joins with EP30 (two cables) or heat shrink.
  * Hirata-san finished tuning the PI. It is now complete except for some PEEK cable clamp pieces which are expected next Monday.
  * Hirata-san wiped writing marks off the F0 and SF yoke magnets, and off the PI.
  * Hirata-san found we were running out of magnets and ordered more - we have almost enough (short by one) for the SF damper, but will need more for the LBB damper.
  * Fabian cabled and tested the BF cap picos.
  * Fabian routed all the cables up to the underside of the SF. He cabled and tested the SF LVDT and stepper.
  * We added the SF cap and weighed the SF/... section. We appear to have a good amount of load capacity margin.
 * SR2
  * We opened the SR2 tank, borrowed a geophone for Fujii-kun's geophone test, and left the IP locked.
  * We gathered parts for the SR2 OL. We believe we have all the pieces we need except for an LED (the one originally allocated to SR2 is currently being used for pitch setting on SRM and we may need to steal it back). Akutsu-san wants to supervise us setting up the LED and receiver supports, so that will happen next week.
 * SR3
  * Terrence visited for another week and made more measurements on the OL. A report is forthcoming.
 * BS
  * We searched for the dog clamps that we had borrowed from AOS to serve as ballast for the BS LBB and returned them to the AOS pallet.
 * Electronics
  * Enzo analyzed the LPCD and worked out the resistors we need to get the drive current recommended for the IM-V OSEMs by Shoda-san.
==== To-Do Lists, Schedule ====
 * [[KAGRA/Subgroups/VIS/TypeB/ToDoBS]]
 * [[KAGRA/Subgroups/VIS/TypeB/ToDoSR]]
 * [[https://gwdoc.icrr.u-tokyo.ac.jp/cgi-bin/private/DocDB/ShowDocument?docid=7779|JGW-L1807779 Type B Schedule (SR)]]

==== Plan for week of 11/4 ====
 * Mark, Enzo, Hirata-san and Fabian at Kamioka Mon-Fri.
Line 8: Line 32:
 * We borrowed the TM HPCDs from SR2 and SR3 so that SRM had HPCDs for IM-H, IM-V and GAS.
 * Fabian adjusted the last two OSEMs (IM-H2 and H3).
 * We closed the BF and weighed the BF/... section.
 * Fabian and Hirata-san routed all the BF/... cables via the BF cap (except for the four TM OSEM cables, where we're still waiting for extensions).
 * We built up the assembly frame and security structure to the SF level and craned in the SF.
 * We installed the SF-BF rod and flying saucer, and suspended the BF/... section. We will need about 600 g on the BF cap for balance and SF keystone height, which is as expected and not a problem.
 * Hirata-san collected a suitable CuBe spring and bracket parts from Type A. He ultrasonically cleaned the bracket and then installed the bracket and spring on the F0. The frequency increased from 0.5 Hz to 0.625 Hz, so he did another round of compression, from 30 mm to 31.3 mm.
 * Enzo soldered some short and/or broken cables to make longer cables that we need urgently. He got in touch with Yamamoto-san to arrange bringing them to Toyama University and ultrasonically cleaning them.
 * We pulled out cables running to the OMMT area that were used for the old OSEM/geophone testing setup and started a new geophone testing setup in the SR3 area using the optical table from the SR2 assembly frame.
 * Hirose-san reported results from his astigmatism test on the second SRM small optic and metal mass. With the tight shims (1.0 mm thickness, as used for the installed SRM) there was substantial astigmatism, but with the next looser available size (1.5 mm) there was no astigmatism but the optic is held very poorly and rattles. Hirose-san is ordering some intermediate thicknesses and will make a recommendation. However he will almost certainly suggest that we change the shims on the hanging SRM, so we need to think about whether that is feasible.

===== SR2 =====
 * Akutsu-san gathered the parts we will need for the SR2 OL so that Terrence can install it next week.
 * Hirata-san supervised the disassembly of the assembly frame. The pieces are now in the IMMT area, although we may need to move them again because they're a bit in the way.

==== Plan for week of 10/29 ====
 * Mark, Enzo, Hirata-san, Fabian and Terrence at Kamioka Mon-Fri.
===== SR2 =====
 * Set up OL.
 * Possibly do a measurement of how much torque is required on the F0 keystone to move the system in yaw. (This will help Sato-san choose a suitable stepper driver for the new design.)
 * Possibly add more arc weights, to get below 0.1 Hz.
===== SRM =====
 * Electronics
  * More cable soldering?
  * Get soldered cables ultrasonically cleaned.
  * Collect unused cables for return to AEL.
 * PI
  * Finalize tuning.
  * Add more cable clamps.
  * Prepare SF magnet ring.
Line 39: Line 33:
  * Cable/test SF LVDT and FR.
  * Decide and install SF internal ballast mass (probably 1 Promec).
  * Reinstall SF cap.
  * Weigh SF/... section.
  * Add magnets to SF damper.
Line 50: Line 41:

==== To-Do Lists, Schedule ====
 * [[KAGRA/Subgroups/VIS/TypeB/ToDoBS]]
 * [[KAGRA/Subgroups/VIS/TypeB/ToDoSR]]
 * [[https://gwdoc.icrr.u-tokyo.ac.jp/cgi-bin/private/DocDB/ShowDocument?docid=7779|JGW-L1807779 Type B Schedule (SR)]]

==== Plan for week of 10/29 ====
 * Mark, Enzo, Hirata-san and Fabian at Kamioka Mon-Fri (except Hirata-san to take compensation day Friday or Monday (TBD)).
===== SRM =====
 * Main sequence
Line 62: Line 43:
  * Unlock IP and center roughly.
  * Calibrate IP LVDTs.
  * Check/adjust alignment of SS.
  * Add arc weights and geophones (or extra mass equivalent to geophones).
  * Cable/test geophones.
  * Improve centering/tuning of IP and SS alignment.
Line 73: Line 48:
==== Vacation/Visitor Info ====
 * Terrence: 10/29-11/2 at Kamioka.
==== Plan for week of 11/11 ====
 * Mark, Enzo, Hirata-san and Fabian at Kamioka Mon-Fri.
===== SRM =====
 * Unlock IP and center roughly.
 * Calibrate IP LVDTs.
 * Check/adjust alignment of SS.
 * Add arc weights and geophones (or extra mass equivalent to geophones).
 * Cable/test geophones.
 * Improve centering/tuning of IP and SS alignment.

==== Plan for week of 11/18 ====
 * Friday 11/23 is Labor Thanksgiving Day.
 * Mark, Enzo, Hirata-san and Fabian at Kamioka Mon-Thu.
===== SRM =====
 * Unlock IP and center roughly.
 * Calibrate IP LVDTs.
 * Check/adjust alignment of SS.
 * Add arc weights and geophones (or extra mass equivalent to geophones).
 * Cable/test geophones.
 * Improve centering/tuning of IP and SS alignment.
 * Crane into tank.

Scraps of text for incorporation in the VIS Meeting Minutes

KAGRA/Subgroups/VIS/MeetingNAOJ

Type B (Mark)

Report for week of 10/29

  • SRM
    • Enzo repaired some broken cables and made some long cables from shorter ones. We ultrasonically cleaned them at Toyama U, with help from Yamamoto-san. Enzo then reinforced the joins with EP30 (two cables) or heat shrink.
    • Hirata-san finished tuning the PI. It is now complete except for some PEEK cable clamp pieces which are expected next Monday.
    • Hirata-san wiped writing marks off the F0 and SF yoke magnets, and off the PI.
    • Hirata-san found we were running out of magnets and ordered more - we have almost enough (short by one) for the SF damper, but will need more for the LBB damper.
    • Fabian cabled and tested the BF cap picos.
    • Fabian routed all the cables up to the underside of the SF. He cabled and tested the SF LVDT and stepper.
    • We added the SF cap and weighed the SF/... section. We appear to have a good amount of load capacity margin.
  • SR2
    • We opened the SR2 tank, borrowed a geophone for Fujii-kun's geophone test, and left the IP locked.
    • We gathered parts for the SR2 OL. We believe we have all the pieces we need except for an LED (the one originally allocated to SR2 is currently being used for pitch setting on SRM and we may need to steal it back). Akutsu-san wants to supervise us setting up the LED and receiver supports, so that will happen next week.
  • SR3
    • Terrence visited for another week and made more measurements on the OL. A report is forthcoming.
  • BS
    • We searched for the dog clamps that we had borrowed from AOS to serve as ballast for the BS LBB and returned them to the AOS pallet.
  • Electronics
    • Enzo analyzed the LPCD and worked out the resistors we need to get the drive current recommended for the IM-V OSEMs by Shoda-san.

To-Do Lists, Schedule

Plan for week of 11/4

  • Mark, Enzo, Hirata-san and Fabian at Kamioka Mon-Fri.

SRM
  • Main sequence
    • Add magnets to SF damper.
    • Install #353 poles
    • Move NB-03 jacks down.
    • Crane PI into AF.
    • Install F0-SF rod (#331) and flying saucer.
    • Route SF/... cables up to underside of F0.
    • Do vertical height budget.
    • Adjust SF trim mass for balance and keystone height.
    • Cable/test IP LVDTs.
    • Cable/test IP FRs.
  • LBB
    • Move KOACH filters
    • Put LBB damper rings in tank.
    • Set tank jacks to nominal height.

Plan for week of 11/11

  • Mark, Enzo, Hirata-san and Fabian at Kamioka Mon-Fri.

SRM
  • Unlock IP and center roughly.
  • Calibrate IP LVDTs.
  • Check/adjust alignment of SS.
  • Add arc weights and geophones (or extra mass equivalent to geophones).
  • Cable/test geophones.
  • Improve centering/tuning of IP and SS alignment.

Plan for week of 11/18

  • Friday 11/23 is Labor Thanksgiving Day.
  • Mark, Enzo, Hirata-san and Fabian at Kamioka Mon-Thu.

SRM
  • Unlock IP and center roughly.
  • Calibrate IP LVDTs.
  • Check/adjust alignment of SS.
  • Add arc weights and geophones (or extra mass equivalent to geophones).
  • Cable/test geophones.
  • Improve centering/tuning of IP and SS alignment.
  • Crane into tank.

KAGRA/Subgroups/VIS/TypeB/Minutes (last edited 2022-07-29 13:18:56 by fabian.arellano)