Differences between revisions 395 and 396
Revision 395 as of 2019-02-22 14:47:24
Size: 1857
Editor: MarkBarton
Comment:
Revision 396 as of 2019-03-01 14:30:48
Size: 1295
Editor: MarkBarton
Comment:
Deletions are marked like this. Additions are marked like this.
Line 5: Line 5:
==== Report for the week of 2/18 ==== ==== Report for the week of 2/25 ====
Line 7: Line 7:
 * On Friday and Saturday last week the pump down of the central area took place. We monitored the drift in the four Type B IPs.
 * During the week we recovered the four suspensions successfully: we recovered the alignment of IMs, GAS filters, IPs, oplevs and measured TFs.
 * Terrence, Enzo and Mark installed the length sensing components in SR2 oplev. It's working now and we should use it now to measure the optic's corresponding TF.
 * The SRM IM is still drifting but the speed is decreasing. Yesterday Thursday the speed was '''-81 nrad/min'''. With the aim of predicting when the drift may stop Terrece removed offsets from the time series segments and spliced them in order. The work is still on progress.
 * Terrence did more work in changing the real-time models.
 * Mark did some initial debugging on the stepper reset system, starting with SRM. However there seems to be some model-related problem. A BIO Checker Board gave sensible results for the low 32 bits of DIO card #0 (used for the TM LPCD) but nothing for the high 32 bits (used for steppers, and eventually also the WD). He added the stepper reset stuff to the circuit diagram (D1503660) and made other corrections.
 * Fabian monitored suspensions during the vent.
 * Terrence and Mark made lots of changes to the Guardians and RTMs:
  *
 * Fabian went inside the SRM chamber and diagnosed the problem that had appeared shortly before vent. It turned out to be yaw of the IP causing a payload cable to touch. He fixed it with the F0 yaw stepper. (He had tried this earlier without success but it turned out the problem was another dead output on the stepper driver.)
 * Terrence traced the geophone issue to a group of dead channels on the AA chassis. We tried replacing the chassis and it fixed not only the geophone issue but an issue in the

Scraps of text for incorporation in the VIS Meeting Minutes

KAGRA/Subgroups/VIS/MeetingNAOJ

Type B (Mark)

Report for the week of 2/25

  • Fabian monitored suspensions during the vent.
  • Terrence and Mark made lots of changes to the Guardians and RTMs:
  • Fabian went inside the SRM chamber and diagnosed the problem that had appeared shortly before vent. It turned out to be yaw of the IP causing a payload cable to touch. He fixed it with the F0 yaw stepper. (He had tried this earlier without success but it turned out the problem was another dead output on the stepper driver.)
  • Terrence traced the geophone issue to a group of dead channels on the AA chassis. We tried replacing the chassis and it fixed not only the geophone issue but an issue in the

Plan for week of 2/25

  • Mark from Tuesday.
  • Enzo from Monday lunchtime.
  • Continue debugging stepper reset system.
  • Continue monitoring SRM yaw drift.
  • Install new RTMs and Guardian.
  • Debug SRM geophones.
  • Setup SRM and SR3 LEN OLs (low priority).
  • Work on Type B paper.

Vacation/Travel Info

  • Enzo vacation, 3/5 and possibly 3/6.
  • Enzo et al. Farewell Party, 3/7.
  • Enzo at JPS then final vacation, 3/13-29
  • Terrence's last day, 3/29.

KAGRA/Subgroups/VIS/TypeB/Minutes (last edited 2022-09-02 09:11:42 by fabian.arellano)