|Deletions are marked like this.||Additions are marked like this.|
|Line 27:||Line 27:|
|* Terrence's next visit from 4/18.||* Terrence's next visit from 4/18 to 7/27.|
Scraps of text for incorporation in the VIS Meeting Minutes
Type B (Mark)
Report for the week of 4/15
- Fabian debugged a dead stepper on SR3 (broken driver channel) and a dead geophone on SRM (unplugged cable). He made another update to the table used by the Python script for the stepper driver MEDM screen to reflect the remapping.
- Fabian monitored the pumpdown and he and Hirata-san did post-pumpdown checks of all the suspensions. They were all healthy.
- Hirata-san participated in the health checks and learned about the computer systems.
Mark did major revisions to the MEDM menu on the OVERVIEW screen with scripts for making safe.snap files and snapshots of setpoints. He made the safe.snap files in directories under /opt/rtcds/kamioka/k1/target into symbolic links to files in /opt/rtcds/userapps/release/vis/k1/burtfiles, alongside the setpoint files, so that they could be backed up to the SVN (as at LIGO).
Mark did major updates to his vistools.py Python package for manipulating the suspensions (based on his LIGO sustools.py). He added entries for Type B suspensions to the internal database and added commands for manipulating SET and DCCTRL blocks. He also added commands to simulate pressing on the CLEAR HISTORY and LOAD COEFFICIENTS buttons.
Mark started updating the TYPEB.py Guardian definition file to use vistools.py. So far only the ENGAGING_IP_CONTROL state has been fully rewritten and tested, but other states will be simple adaptations. It should be easy to do Type A and other Guardians in the same style.
Plan for week of 4/22
- Mark, Terrence at Kamioka Mon-Fri.
- Fabian at Kamioka Mon-Thu.
- Work with Lucia to do blending of the IP LVDTs and geophones.
- More Guardian improvements.
Improve vistools.py (add more useful functions; add docstrings; add support for Type A/Bp/C; create test suite).
Finish and test new Guardian code using vistools.py.
- Modify RT models and/or Guardian to revert to the SAFE state under control in all but the most extreme emergency situations (rather than suddenly shutting off all output).
- Work on Type B paper.
- Tidy up.
- Gather and clean tools.
- Gather and organize unused parts and fasteners.
- Terrence's next visit from 4/18 to 7/27.
- Fabian's vacation 4/26 to 5/10.
- Mark's US vacation from 5/22 to 6/11.
- Mark's final day 6/28.