Scraps of text for incorporation in the VIS Meeting Minutes
- Activity report for week of 12/19
- Fabian designed a simple two-piece hold-down device to immobilize the SRx IMs during the optic and RM hanging. It avoids having to remachine all the IM support bars to allow for hold-down screws. The Type Bp team might also want to use it.
Aso-san and Mark discussed the BF issue from last week.
- It was decided to ask Takahashi-san to take a look at the BF while he's at Kamioka this week.
- It was decided to have the BS bottom filter moved to Mitaka for tuneup and adjustment as soon as possible in the new year.
- Raffaele, Aso-san, Mark and Fabian discussed having much smaller/shorter BS and SR stub flags plus longer, coil-only OSEMs.
- Aso-san volunteered to do the OSEM design.
- Hirata-san made Pack'n'Go archives of the existing designs as a baseline for Aso-san.
- Hirata-san searched for missing PR mirror box parts.
- Miyakawa-san finished recabling the PR2 rack and got the BS real-time model running again. The model still needs lots of work, but it has the OSEM functionality needed for the next test-hang stage, plus Okutomi-san's improvements.