Scraps of text for incorporation in the VIS Meeting Minutes
- Activity report for week of 12/19
- Fabian designed a simple two-piece hold-down device to immobilize the SRx IMs during the optic and RM hanging. It avoids having to remachine all the IM support bars to allow for hold-down screws. The Type Bp team might also want to use it.
Aso-san and Mark discussed the BF issue from last week.
- It was decided to ask Takahashi-san to take a look at the BF while he's at Kamioka this week.
- It was decided to have the BS bottom filter moved to Mitaka for tuneup and adjustment as soon as possible in the new year.
- Raffaele, Aso-san, Mark and Fabian discussed having much smaller/shorter BS and SR stub flags plus longer, coil-only OSEMs.
- Aso-san volunteered to do the OSEM design.
- Hirata-san made Pack'n'Go archives of the existing designs as a baseline for Aso-san.
- Hirata-san searched for missing PR mirror box parts.
- Miyakawa-san finished recabling the PR2 rack and got the BS real-time model running again. (The problem had been a new requirement for a safe.snap file to be provided in the burt directory, which was imposed by RCG2.9.7.) The model still needs lots of work, but it has the OSEM functionality needed for the next test-hang stage, plus Okutomi-san's improvements.