Scraps of text for incorporation in the VIS Meeting Minutes
Type B (Mark)
Past week report
At Kamioka (Mark, Fabian, Enzo, Hirata-san):
- With help from Kokeyama-san and Miyakawa-san, we debugged a problem with the real-time model freezing, which turned out to be the IO chassis shutting down because of brownout condition from an overloaded AC circuit. A combination of extra boxes added to the rack, plus surge current from the air shower could draw the full 20 A limit of the circuit. Awai-san ran a cable to a separate circuit and we moved the IO chassis onto that.
- We got the stepper motor cabling and driver working, and tested the BF fishing rod stepper motor.
- We got the LVDT cabling, driver and associated parts of the real-time model working.
- We found all the parts for the SF and the SF section of the security structure, and prepared the SF. However we then removed the Cu ring from the top cap for recleaning.
Plan for coming weeks
- Everyone (Mark, Fabian, Enzo, Hirata-san) at Kamioka, Monday-Thursday.
- Work on electronics, possibly suspend and weigh BF.
Week after next:
- Everyone (Mark, Fabian, Enzo, Hirata-san) at Kamioka, Monday-Friday.
- Add SF and suspend BF.