Scraps of text for incorporation in the VIS Meeting Minutes
Type B (Mark)
Past week report
At Kamioka (Mark, Fabian, Enzo, Perry, Hirata-san):
- We set things up again after the floor coating work.
- We moved the PI into the second floor of the cleanbooth:
- We cleared a path for the forklift (moving the portable cleanroom, worktable, power cables, vacuum pumps and other obstacles).
- We got Saito-sensei to move the PI to the +Y side of the cleanbooth.
- We washed and cling-wrapped a pallet.
- We got Miyoki-san to disconnect the cables and curtain blocking the crane slot (and reconnect them afterwards).
- We added some temporary crossbars in the top of the assembly frame and stored the SF cap on them to get it out of the way.
- We craned in the pallet and set it up to bridge three floor joists.
- We craned in the PI using Saito-san's adapter.
- We couldn't find the original screws for the three PI transport plates so we substituted some others - fortunately there was no galling.
- We had to connect the adapter to the crane with a sling because the ring for the hook was slightly too small).
- We did a lot of cabling work:
- We routed all the BF cables over the BF cap, up through the cable clamp on the SF-BF rod and up to the SF. (We had to redo a few because the Type 3 cable was at the flange end instead of the Type 1.)
- We connected up the SF LVDT and FR stepper.
- We started on rebalancing the BF (which had been perturbed by the weight and tension of all the cables). We got it rather better, but it needs more work.
- We made another batch of anti-feedthrough adapters.
Plan for coming weeks
For more detail, see KAGRA/Subgroups/VIS/TypeB/ToDo.
Week of 4/10:
- Hirata-san does scissor lift training 4/10.
- Perry in Tokyo 4/10.
- Debug/fix dead OSEM channel, TM-H4.
- Debug BF/SF LVDTs.
- Adjust BF pitch/roll.
- Do TF from SF LVDT actuation.
- Install temporary ballast mass in SF.
- Lift SF/BF/... section and check total weight and SF balance.
Continue swap of PI LVDT connectors (female->male)
- Start preparing LBB spring units.
- Install pico drivers in rack, create MEDM interface (with Miyo-kun), and undo temporary connection of picos to old controller and joystick.
Week of 4/17:
- Crane in PI.
- Connect SF/BF... section.
- Temporarily remove PI and adjust SF ballast if necessary.