Scraps of text for incorporation in the VIS Meeting Minutes
Type B (Mark)
Past week report
At Kamioka (Mark, Fabian, Enzo, Perry, Hirata-san):
Realized that the SF/BF/... section doesn't need 6 kg added, it needs 6 kg removed, but none to remove. The 20 kg extra in the BF to match the SF GAS filter makes the whole chain overload the PI GAS filter.
Lifted the SF/BF/... section to check for net weight and balance. Was 307 kg (cf. G&M's measurement of 301 kf in 2012 for the F0). Can be balanced with only 63 g extra.
- Went to build up the LBB blade units but discovered that the holes in the base of the blades are two small (are Ø11 mm; should be Ø12 MM). 3D CAD was correct - error was in the 2D drawing. Shipped the blades away for modification.
- Tested the SF LVDT actuation and worked on debugging it. Still not working.
- Prepared the PI for being lifted, and the top of the assembly frame for receiving it.
- Searched for and found the old PI-SF rod.
- Did safety improvements after Enzo hit his head on a flange bolt: reversed all the bolts on the ±X sides of the BS and put caution tape on them.
- Debugged Kokeyama-san's changes to the real-time model for the DIO, and started on TFs to check the output filter compensation is working.
Plan for coming weeks
For more detail, see KAGRA/Subgroups/VIS/TypeB/ToDo.
Week of 4/24 (four-day week):
- Crane in PI.
- Connect SF/BF... section and see if we're indeed overweight and by exactly how much.
- Finish debugging SF LVDT actuation.
Week of 5/1:
- No activity (Golden Week).