Scraps of text for incorporation in the VIS Meeting Minutes
Type B (Mark)
Past week report
At Kamioka (Mark, Fabian, Enzo, Perry, Hirata-san):
- Craned in the PI.
- Assembled the thrust bearing holder that receives the PI-SF rod. (It originally had a burr that prevented the bearing from seating properly, and so required filing and re-cleaning.)
- Hooked the SF and lowered the jacks under the SF to suspend the SF/... section.
The top filter rose when unlocked, and required about 1.8 kg to send it back down. Therefore we may be OK - the top filter seems to have about 8 kg more capacity than as measured by G&M. The hex cable clamp (≈0.25 kg) and the cables between the PI and SF still have to be added, but we can get an extra 3 kg by removing one of the three Cu damper segments (and rearranging the other two).
- Built and installed three LBB blade units.
- Kept debugging the SF LVDT. We repaired several broken wires, but it's still not behaving correctly.
Plan for coming weeks
For more detail, see KAGRA/Subgroups/VIS/TypeB/ToDo.
Week of 5/1:
- No activity (Golden Week).
Week of 5/8:
- Work from Tuesday.
- Remove PI temporarily.
- Add magnets to upper SF damper ring.
- Reinstall PI with damper ring.
- Reinstall PI-SF rod, this time with hex cable clamp.
- Install PI yaw stepper.
- Wire up PI yaw and vertical steppers.
- Route cables from SF to PI (may involve removing part of Cu damper).