Scraps of text for incorporation in the VIS Meeting Minutes
Type B (Mark)
Past week report
At Kamioka (Mark, Fabian, Enzo, Perry, Hirata-san):
- We craned in the PI.
- We assembled the thrust bearing holder that receives the PI-SF rod. (The recess for the bearing was very slightly too small and had a burr near a retaining screw hole that prevented the bearing from seating properly, and so it required filing and re-cleaning.)
- We hooked the SF and lowered the jacks under the SF to suspend the SF/... section.
The top filter rose when unlocked, and required about 1.8 kg to send it back down. Therefore we may be OK - the top filter seems to have about 8 kg more capacity than as measured by G&M. The hex cable clamp (≈0.25 kg) and the cables between the PI and SF still have to be added, but we can get an extra 3 kg by removing one of the three Cu damper segments (and rearranging the other two).
- Hirata-san built and installed three LBB blade units.
- Enzo kept debugging the SF LVDT. We repaired several broken wires, but it's still not behaving correctly. We suspect the ordering of the three coils (input output and excitation) may not be right. If so, we should be able to fix it with an adapter cable without removing the SF cap.
Plan for coming weeks
For more detail, see KAGRA/Subgroups/VIS/TypeB/ToDo.
Week of 5/1:
- No activity (Golden Week).
Week of 5/8:
- Commence work Tuesday 5/9.
- Remove PI temporarily.
- Continue debugging SF LVDT (removing cap if necessary).
- Investigate possible mis-alignment between the tips of the LBB blades and the holes for the rods going down to the damper ring.
- Add magnets to upper SF damper ring.
- Reinstall PI, this time with rods and damper ring.
- Reinstall PI-SF rod, this time with hex cable clamp.
- Install PI yaw stepper.
- Wire up PI yaw stepper and vertical fishing-rod steppers.
- Route cables from SF to PI (may involve removing part of Cu damper).
Week of 5/15:
- Enzo from Tuesday 5/16 (driving test), rest of team from Monday.
- Prepare for PR2 bellows removal on 5/15 (move table with tools).
- Wire up PI horizontal LVDTs and steppers.
- Install geophones.
- Unlock IP, re-level PI to center PI, add arc weights as required.