Scraps of text for incorporation in the VIS Meeting Minutes
Type B (Mark)
Past week report
At Kamioka (Mark, Fabian, Enzo, Hirata-san):
- Hirata-san and Sekine-san moved the tank lid and service port ring to the pallet with the crane and covered the open tank with the spare clean bag.
- Hirata-san and Mark got the LBB damper rings assembled and installed. A joint part for the Cu ring needed to have holes enlarged because the hole pattern did not quite match that on the half-ring. The magnet ring is hanging in the chamber and the Cu ring is attached below it with clamps, ready to receive the rods that will hang down from the PI.
- Hirata-san recounted all the unused cables.
- Hirata-san installed the outrigger parts on the LBB, which will receive the rods coming down from the damper ring.
- Enzo and Mark tested all the stepper motors.
- Enzo and Mark debugged the PI horizontal LVDTs. One LVDT had a flaky connection and one card in the LVDT driver had three dead channels. Enzo created a fully working driver using parts from another driver that also had a faulty card.
- Fabian adjusted the ballast mass on the SF to get good pitch/roll/vertical adjustment and attached it with screws.
- Fabian set up the optical lever again (the PR2 team had repossessed the breadboard we had been using but Akutsu-san supplied another one).
Plan for coming weeks
For more detail, see KAGRA/Subgroups/VIS/TypeB/ToDo.
Week of 6/12:
- Debug/fix PI vertical LVDTs #0 and #2.
- Calibrate PI vertical LVDT.
- Debug/fix geophone #1.
- Set yoke on PI vertical LVDT (if necessary).
- Cable and test PI yaw stepper.
- Cable and test PI vertical stepper.
- Cable and test PI horizontal steppers.
- Cable and test PI horizontal LVDTs.
- Calibrate PI horizontal LVDTs.
- Prepare LBB.
- Attach LBB outriggers and rod receptacles.
- Prepare LBB Cu ring.
- Remove from tank, fix incompletely threaded holes, reinstall in tank.
- Lay down spacers to protect magnets (in next step).
- Prepare LBB magnet ring.
- Pass pieces into tank.
- Reassemble on top of Cu ring.
- Install LBB damper.
- Bind LBB damper rings together with slings.
- Remove vacuum tank lid and ring.
- Crane rings up to install height, hook LBB magnet ring and support LBB Cu ring by TBD method.
- Crane suspension into tank.
- Hook LBB Cu ring.
- Hook LBB.
- Crane vacuum tank lid+ring black on.
- Remove vacuum tank lid (only).
- Remove port covers where feedthroughs will go, move feedthroughs from assembly frame and install on vacuum tank ring.
- Reconnect in-air cables.