Scraps of text for incorporation in the VIS Meeting Minutes
Type B (Mark)
Past week report
At Kamioka (Mark, Enzo, Yoshioka-kun):
- We experimented with rearranging the arc weights to accommodate the magic wands and came up with a suitable scheme.
- We used spare arc weights as extra ballast on the LBB to get it to float, and measured the height for a known load.
- We put the blocks back under the LBB and unhooked it.
- We moved the suspension from the tank back to the assembly frame.
- We craned the LBB rings down onto the LBB but did not remove them yet. (This however is the last crane work in the tank until reinstallation, so the lid does not have to come off again and the pallet can be used for the PI.)
- We put the crossbars back in the assembly frame underneath the SF and BF (and corrected an error in the height of the BF ones).
- We checked the centering of the security frame in the assembly frame and disconnected it from the PI. One M12x35 screw galled after a few turns and will need attention.
- Enzo started setting up the SR3 rack (with help from Yamamoto-san).
- We received the real BS optic and gluing tools, and glued the disks and rods into the modified magnet jigs. We also tried the re-made secondary prisms in the gluing jigs and made shims to hold them more securely.
At Mitaka (Fabian and Hirata-san):
- Hirata-san shipped the optic and gluing tools to Kamioka.
- Hirata-san did drawings and RFQs for IM/BF/SF ballast masses
- Fabian worked on the SRx assembly frame.
Plan for week of 7/18
Full team at Kamioka from Tue-Fri, except Hirata-san (Tue-Wed only).
- Glue prisms/magnets on BS.
- Dismantle suspension.
- Finish setting up filter service area (mostly already done by Mirapro).
- Move BF to filter service area, start rebuild.
Plan for week of 7/24
Full team at Kamioka from Mon-Fri, except Hirata-san (Tue-Fri) and Enzo (vacation).
- Finish BF rebuild.
- Recheck alignment of assembly frame and centering of optical table.
- Install IM, suspend BS and RM.
Vacation Info: Hirata-san: Thu 7/20 through Mon 7/24 Enzo: Sat 7/22 through Sun 8/6 Fabian: Fri 8/4 through Mon 8/21 Mark: TBD Mid-Oct