Scraps of text for incorporation in the VIS Meeting Minutes
Type B (Mark)
Past week report
At Kamioka (Mark, Enzo, Hirata-san, Yoshioka-kun):
- We lubricated the stuck screw at the top of the security structure with stuck and were able to remove it.
- Enzo disconnected and removed or coiled many in-vac cables at the PI level to free it.
- We craned the PI. There was a minor safety incident - see below.
- Hirata-san set up the filter service area, and we moved in a BF intended for one of the SRs (BF#3).
- Fabian and Hirata-san worked out a method for characterizing a single spring, and Fabian finished characterizing the first one.
- We did a big tidy-up and clean-up of the area, especially the corner where we intended to do the gluing.
- We set up the BS gluing jigs and applied the glue. We will check the results on Monday.
Plan for week of 7/24
Full team at Kamioka from Mon-Fri, except Hirata-san (Tue-Fri) and Enzo (vacation).
- Check results of gluing.
- Finish disassembly.
- Finish BF rebuild.
- Remove LBB rings.
- Recheck alignment of assembly frame and centering of optical table.
- Install IM, suspend BS and RM.
Plan for week of 7/31
Full team at Kamioka from Mon-Fri, except Fabian (Mon-Thu) and Enzo (vacation).
- Weigh/trim BS/RM/IM.
- Bring in rebuilt BF.
Vacation Info: Hirata-san: Thu 7/20 through Mon 7/24 Enzo: Sat 7/22 through Sun 8/6 Fabian: Fri 8/4 through Mon 8/21 Mark: TBD Mid-Oct