Scraps of text for incorporation in the VIS Meeting Minutes
Type B (Mark)
Past week report
At Kamioka (Mark, Ohishi-san, Enzo, Yoshioka-kun):
- We installed the cut-down ballast mass under the IM and tweaked the IM height and balance.
- We checked the range of the BF FR.
- We adjusted the BF yoke by 2.5 mm to make it give ≈0 output for nominal height.
- We found a good gain setting for the LVDT driver and calibrated the BF LVDT.
- We set up the optical sensors facing the RM.
- We assembled the IRM (with OSEMs) around the IM and got it mostly adjusted.
- We changed the k1visbs model to restore the as-designed mapping of OSEMs to DAQ channels.
- We confirmed that the BF LVDT actuation coil and the TM OSEM coils were working.
- We connected up the IRM OSEMs (with the new Type 5-1.7 cables) but found there was an electrical issue: all the OSEMs are reading back the same constant value, around 1115.
- We left the suspension in a state suitable for TFs from BF GAS actuation to sensing (in vertical) and from RM OSEM actuation to the optical sensors (in horizontal) over the weekend.
At Mitaka (Hirata-san):
- Hirata-san did 2D drawings of the SR LBB rods and sent off an RFQ.
- Hirata-san did several cost-reduction negotiations with Mirapro.
Plan for week of 8/28
Kamioka: Mark (except Tue), Ohishi-san, Fabian (except Tue), Enzo (except Tue), Hirata-san, Yoshioka-kun (Fri), Kozu-kun (Thu, Fri).
- Fix/adjust IRM OSEMs.
- Add BF cap; cable and test BF-1 and BF-2 picos.
- Lift and weigh BF/IRM/IM/RM/BS; adjust ballast mass.
- Crane in SF.
- Suspend BF/IRM/IM/RM/BS.
Plan for week of 9/4
- Install SF cap; route cables.
- Lift and weigh SF/BF/IRM/IM/RM/BS.
- Adjust SF ballast.
Mark: TBD Mid-Oct