Scraps of text for incorporation in the VIS Meeting Minutes
Type B (Mark)
Past week report
At Kamioka (Mark, Ohishi-san, Fabian, Enzo, Hirata-san, Yoshioka-kun, Kozu-kun):
- We solved the problem with the OSEMs: cables had been plugged into the confusingly named "PD current monitor" outputs (actually LED current monitors), not the "OSEM outputs".
- We solved a problem with the real-time model freezing which turned out to be the IO chassis having lost power.
- We took some mass off the IM to allow for the weight of the cables, and readjusted it in pitch and roll.
- We aligned the IRM to the IM and set the OSEMs to mid-range.
- We added ballast to the BF.
- We changed the receptacles for the SF-BF rod. The low receptacle did not fit properly into the BF keystone and Hirata-san had to file it.
- We fixed a broken wire on the BF yaw pico, retested the pico and added the BF cap.
- We cabled and tested the BF cap picos.
- We lifted the BF and weighed and balanced it.
- We installed the SF ring and brought in the SF.
- We installed the Cu segments on the SF.
- We cabled the SF LVDT and did a quick test (not a full calibration).
- We replaced non-vacuum compatible cables in the PI, removed various sticky labels and wiped it with ethanol.
- We tried to hook the SF-BF rod but found the hole in the hex cable clamp was too small for the 8 mm rod head. We enlarged the hole but then found the PEEK pieces were too loose. We tried using foil, but then managed to lose a PEEK piece into the BF, so we will need to remove the cap of the BF to get it.
Plan for week of 9/4
Mark, Fabian, Enzo (Tue-Fri), Ohishi-san, Hirata-san, Yoshioka-kun (Tue, Wed, Fri), Kozu-kun (Thu, Fri)
- Retrieve PEEK piece from BF.
- Crane SF back in.
- Suspend BF/IRM/IM/RM/BS.
- Test SF FR.
- Calibrate SF LVDT.
- Install SF cap; route cables.
- Lift and weigh SF/BF/IRM/IM/RM/BS.
- Adjust SF ballast.
Plan for week of 9/13
Mark (except Wed), Fabian (except ASJ), Enzo, Ohishi-san, Hirata-san, Yoshioka-kun (Tue, Wed, Fri), Kozu-kun
- Prepare magnet ring.
- Bring in PI.
- Route cables.
- Suspend SF/..., adjust tilt of SF and total mass.
- Adjust damper gap.