Scraps of text for incorporation in the VIS Meeting Minutes
Type B (Mark)
Past week report
At Kamioka (Mark, Ohishi-san, Fabian, Enzo, Hirata-san, Yoshioka-kun, Kozu-kun):
- We craned out the SF temporarily and retrieved the lost PEEK cable clamp collet from the BF.
- We installed the BF.
- We routed cables from the BF via the hex cable clamp to the SF level.
- We adjusted the BF trim mass for pitch, roll and vertical, and got the IRM hanging symmetrically around the IM.
- We adjusted all the IRM OSEMs laterally and in/out.
- We calibrated the SF LVDT and tested the SF FR stepper.
- We suspended the SF/... section and weighed it but found the old 7-mm maraging rod adapter did not hold it at the center, so we chad to lift it with slings and could not accurately trim it for pitch/roll.
- We craned in the PI with the SF damper ring hanging from it.
- We suspended the SF successfully from the PI and unlocked the F0 keystone to check the mass budget. We needed about 1.5 kg extra, which is about right.
- However we had to leave out the F0-SF hex cable clamp because of a bad thread on the inside of the cap. Hirata-san will make a new cap by enlarging the 7-mm hole in an old cap to 8 mm.
Plan for week of 9/4
Mark, Fabian, Enzo (Tue-Fri), Ohishi-san, Hirata-san, Yoshioka-kun (Tue, Wed, Fri), Kozu-kun (Thu, Fri)
- Retrieve PEEK piece from BF.
- Crane SF back in.
- Suspend BF/IRM/IM/RM/BS.
- Test SF FR.
- Calibrate SF LVDT.
- Install SF cap; route cables.
- Lift and weigh SF/BF/IRM/IM/RM/BS.
- Adjust SF ballast.
Plan for week of 9/13
Mark (except Wed), Fabian (except ASJ), Enzo, Ohishi-san, Hirata-san, Yoshioka-kun (Tue, Wed, Fri), Kozu-kun
- Prepare magnet ring.
- Bring in PI.
- Route cables.
- Suspend SF/..., adjust tilt of SF and total mass.
- Adjust damper gap.