Scraps of text for incorporation in the VIS Meeting Minutes
Type B (Mark)
Past week report
At Kamioka (Mark, Ohishi-san, Fabian, Enzo, Hirata-san, Yoshioka-kun, Kozu-kun):
- We disconnected the SF/... section and reinstalled the F0-SF rod with the hex cable clamp attached.
- We debugged an issue with the actuation (the real-time model needed rebooting).
- We routed all the SF/... cables up to the bottom of the PI, and then to the feedthroughs.
- We unlocked the F0 keystone and experimented to find the amount of mass needed on the SF (≈845 g).
- We attached the SF trim mass, adjusting it laterally so that the SF was level in pitch and roll.
- We corrected some errors on the MEDM screens (some broken links and Take/Restore Safe.snap buttons).
- We cabled all the PI items through to the rack and did very basic testing.
- We disconnected the security structure from the assembly frame and adjusted the PI till the SS was vertical.
- We unlocked the IP and adjusted the PI jacks and FRs till the IP was centered.
- We passed the halves of the LBB Cu damping ring (less the Cu) into the chamber and joined them.
- We put the magnets on the LBB damper ring using the template.
- We locked various combinations of keystones and measured the vertical resonance frequencies of the unlocked filters.
- We spent time on getting the geophones working. The original descrambler adapters had gone missing, so Enzo created three new ones. We borrowed a cable to replace one that had broken. The geophone distributor (S1402167) failed (no power on the negative rail), and a replacement borrowed from SR3 (S1605513) kept switching off.
Plan for week of 9/13
Plan for week of 9/19
No work Mon 9/18 (敬老の日)
Mark, Fabian, Enzo, Ohishi-san, Hirata-san, Yoshioka-kun (Tue, Wed, Thu, Fri), Kozu-kun
- Install LBB damper magnet rings in tank.
- Remove tank lid.
- Install suspension.