Scraps of text for incorporation in the VIS Meeting Minutes
Type B (Mark)
Past week report
At Kamioka (Mark, Ohishi-san, Fabian, Enzo, Hirata-san, Yoshioka-kun, Kozu-kun):
- We disconnected the SF/... section and reinstalled the F0-SF rod with the hex cable clamp attached.
- We debugged an issue with the actuation (the real-time model needed rebooting).
- We routed all the SF/... cables up to the bottom of the PI, and then to the feedthroughs.
- We unlocked the F0 keystone and experimented to find the amount of mass needed on the SF (≈845 g).
- We attached the SF trim mass, adjusting it laterally so that the SF was level in pitch and roll.
- We corrected some errors on the MEDM screens (some broken links and Take/Restore Safe.snap buttons).
- We cabled all the PI items through to the rack and did very basic testing.
- We disconnected the security structure from the assembly frame and adjusted the PI till the SS was vertical.
- We unlocked the IP and adjusted the PI jacks and FRs till the IP was centered.
- We passed the halves of the LBB Cu damping ring (less the Cu) into the chamber and joined them.
- We put the magnets on the LBB damper ring using the template.
- We locked various combinations of keystones and measured the vertical resonance frequencies of the unlocked filters.
- We spent time on getting the geophones working. The original descrambler adapters had gone missing, so Enzo created three new ones. We borrowed a cable to replace one that had broken. The geophone distributor (S1402167) failed (no power on the negative rail), and a replacement borrowed from SR3 (S1605513) kept switching off.
Plan for week of 9/19
No work Mon 9/18 (敬老の日)
Mark, Fabian, Enzo, Ohishi-san, Hirata-san, Yoshioka-kun (Tue, Wed, Thu, Fri), Kozu-kun
- Double check BS pitch with OL.
- Adjust SF damper ring to correct gap.
- Install lock nuts on F0 GAS FR at TBD positions.
Lock BF and F0 keystones (but not SF keystone).
- Lock RM to BS and IRM to IM.
- Lock RM, IRM and BF (but not SF) to security structure.
- Lock IP.
- Remove F0 keystone top plate (including yaw stepper) and immobilize SF/... in yaw.
- Attach lifting fixture.
- Remove BF- and SF-level crossbars.
- Remove geophones for craning.
- Disconnect in-vacuum cables from feedthrough and coil neatly for craning.
- Attach lifting plates.
- Attach Cu segments to LBB damper ring (needs Cu segments and BUMAX countersunk screws, expected 9/20).
- Pass halves of LBB magnet ring into tank, join, and make sandwich for craning.
- Crane tank lid off.
- Crane LBB damper rings to top of tank and suspend.
- Crane suspension out of assembly frame.
- Attach LBB upper rods to LBB blade tips and rotate suspension 45° clockwise.
- Crane suspension into tank and connect upper rods to LBB Cu ring.
- Unclamp LBB ring "sandwich" so LBB Cu ring is suspended on upper rods.
- Install LBB lower rods and hook LBB.
- Measure required ballast for LBB.
- Unlock suspension and readjust.
- Move in-air cabling and feedthroughs and reconnect in-vacuum cables (through Cu O-rings).
Plan for week of 9/25
- Debug cabling.
- Run TFs.
- Install LSOL?