Scraps of text for incorporation in the VIS Meeting Minutes
Type B (Mark)
Past week report
At Kamioka (Mark, Ohishi-san, Fabian, Enzo, Hirata-san, Yoshioka-kun, Kozu-kun):
- We put lock nuts on the F0 FR and calibrated the F0 LVDT against FR position and keystone height.
- Enzo traced the issue with the geophones to a specific cable.
- We measured the BF and F0 GAS resonant frequencies.
- We adjusted the spacing of the SR damper.
- We double-checked the BS pitch with the OL.
- We debugged the PI yaw mechanism. We managed to get the return spring properly adjusted, but the stepper motor tends to jam because of the strange design.
We prepared the suspension for lifting and craned it into the tank.
- Hirata-san fixed an issue with one of the nailheads on the LBB intermediate ring support rods not properly seating, by removing the rod and reinstalling it upside down (with the problem nailhead in a less critical position).
- Enzo and team moved all the in-air cables from the assembly frame to the tank.
- Fabian and Ohishi-san unlocked the bottom section of the suspension and got it hanging freely.
Plan for week of 9/25
Mark, Fabian, Enzo (Mon, Tue), Ohishi-san (Tue, Fri), Hirata-san, Yoshioka-kun (Tue, Wed, Fri), Kozu-kun
- Finish moving in-air cabling and feedthroughs and reconnect in-vacuum cables (through Cu O-rings).
- Unlock rest of suspension and readjust.
- Debug electronics.
- Unclamp LBB ring "sandwich" so LBB Cu ring is suspended on upper rods.
- Install LBB lower rods and hook LBB.
- Adjust LBB damper Cu-magnet gap.
- Measure required ballast for LBB.
- Remove First Contact, try OL.
- Prepare for SR2 work.
Plan for week of 10/2
Kamioka: Mark, Enzo, Fabian, Ohishi-san.
- TFs etc.
- SF design/purchasing.
Mark: 10/16-24 Enzo: 9/27-29