Scraps of text for incorporation in the VIS Meeting Minutes
Type B (Mark)
Past week report
Mark finished the OL calibration/diagonalization calculation and wrote it up as klog 3835 and T1707205-v4.
- We glued the prisms and magnets on the SR2.
- We got Miyo-kun to set up the SR2-IM pico driver and tested it and the picos that will be used in the IM.
- We weighed the BF for the SR2.
- Enzo put DIO cards in the IO chassis and cabled them to the coil drivers.
- Enzo found more of the in-vacuum cables that will be needed for SR2. Only a few remain to be found.
- Enzo and Shoda-san installed the vacuum-feedthroughs on the assembly frame and routed many of the in-air cables.
- Hirata-san and Mark moved the PR/SR trolley system from SR3 to SR2, reconfigured the top of the assembly frame and checked the crossbar heights. (Everything was quite close to the drawing, but a few small adjustments up/down will be required.)
- Fabian found an issue with the IM: we have two of the upper movable masses and no lower ones. Probably one of the PRs has been built with two lower masses. Unfortunately an upper mass has an extra hole in an inconvenient place and can't be used as a lower mass. Hirata-san ordered a suitable plug part from Misumi, and Fabian washed it and glued it in with EP30.
- Fabian assembled the RM and test-assembled the IRM. (The IRM will have to be partly disassembled during installation.)
- Shoda-san and Enzo got all the control loops working on the BS, and worked with Izumi-san to steer the beam down the Y-arm. They found the passive damping was not working very well, even after correcting a 1.5 mm height error in F0. We may need to lower the damper ring.
- Shoda-san created a BS Guardian.
- We got Yamamoto-san to connect up the SR2 rack and create an SR2 real-time model.
Plan for week of 12/18
- Shoda-san vacation
- Mark, Fabian, Enzo, Kozu-kun at Kamioka Mon-Wed.
- Assembly frame alignment and optical table centering.
- Install IM ring interface blocks and IM ring.
- Finish IM assembly and pico test.
- Do inventory of ballast masses.
- OL setup.
- Install new jack receptacles (in SR3 area, second floor) on load gauge adapter (SR2 area, second floor).
Plan for week of 12/25
- Mark, Enzo, Fabian vacation
- Shoda-san, Kozu-kun, Hirata-san at Kamioka Mon-Thu.
- Hang SR and RM?
- Mark 12/22-1/3
Enzo, 12/21-12/27 (but not 12/28)
- Fabian 12/22-1/5
- Hirata-san 12/21-22 (conference)
- Shoda-san 12/18-21