Scraps of text for incorporation in the VIS Meeting Minutes
Type B (Mark)
Report for week of 12/25
- Hirata-san got the L-brackets machined and washed, and installed them on the IM ring bars.
- Shoda-san recovered the BS from the power outage on 12/25.
- Miyakawa-san fixed an issue with the SR2 RTM which had prevented it from running.
- Shoda-san, Hirata-san and Kozu-kun weighed the IM without ballast masses, and then added the lower masses and installed the IM on the assembly frame.
- They cleaned the assembly frame and installed new jack receptacles on the load gauge adapter.
- They installed the winch system on the IM, and inspected the clamp pieces for possible scratches.
- They ran cables for the SR2 steppers and OSEMs.
- They calibrated the BF LVDT.
Report for week of 1/4
- Mark fixed a number of errors with the Type B screens.
Report for week of 1/9
- We weighed the mirror in its box (and later the empty box), and the RM.
- Fabian worked on the SR2/SR3/SRM mass budget and did an inventory of spare ballast masses.
- We hung the SR2 and RM.
- We assembled the bottom section of the security structure below the RM.
- We cabled the RM OSEMs up to the IM.
- Hirata-san gave up on waiting for a third quote for the blades and blade parts and started the ordering process.
- Hirata-san got rod cable clamp parts from Takahashi-san and worked on drawings for the improved BS vertical and yaw adjusters.
Plan for week of 1/15
- Fabian at Mitaka Monday 1/15 to inspect filter load test items.
- All at Kamioka.
- Shoda-san to work on readjusting PR3 and also making OSEMs.
- Enzo and Kozu-kun to help with making OSEMs.
- Test RM OSEMs.
- Check coil driver is successfully driving current.
- Time permitting, do TF test from coils to optical sensor.
- Suspend IM using load gauge adapter, and check/adjust total mass and balance.
Plan for week of 1/22
- All at Kamioka
- Bring in BF and suspend IM.
- Route final RM/IM cables up to below BF.
- Recheck/adjust total mass and balance.
- Route selected cables to flange.
- Test IM picos and BF yaw pico.
Plan for week of 1/29
- Enzo at Mitaka 1/29 and most of 1/30, then vacation.
- Kozu-kun away.
- All others at Kamioka.
- Build IRM around IM.
- Cable/test/adjust IM OSEMs.
- Time permitting, do TFs from IM OSEMs to themselves and to optical sensor.
- Enzo 1/30-2/19 (at Mitaka 1/29, part of 1/30)
- Kozu-kun 1/29-2/2