Scraps of text for incorporation in the VIS Meeting Minutes
Type B (Mark)
Report for week of 5/28
- Enzo tested the LVDT driver repaired by Tanaka-san - it was fine.
- Fujii-kun and Enzo finished assembling a batch of 4 geophones and took test data.
- Hirata-san modified some Promec masses (drilling out the threads on 2 of 4 holes) so we could use two layers of them inside the BF.
- Hirata-san installed maraging rod receptacles in the LBB damper rings, and in the bottom of PIs #3 and #1 (for the SF damper rings).
- After consulting with various people, Hirata-san installed the second half of the LBB top ring in the chamber, simply omitting the pillar and screw associated with the badly threaded hole.
- Hirata-san took delivery of the screws for the LBB blade units, made up 9 blade units and installed 6 of them on PI #3 and #1 (for SR3 and SR2).
- Hirata-san made up a set of PI cable clamps and installed them on PI #3 (for SR3).
- Hirata-san removed the prototype blades from PI #3 to get ready for testing the final blades.
- We located the #355 disk and #356 poles for the next level of the security structure up to the SF and installed the poles.
- We installed ballast mass in the BF. After some trial and error we settled on 16 Promec masses (7.1 kg) inside the BF and 5 D1808104-4 and 3 D1808104-5 masses (540 g) on the cap.
- Enzo and Fujii-kun did several rounds of TFs on the BF/... section of the suspension and debugged a problem with dewhitening filters not being installed in the OSEMINF filter bank.
- Enzo installed damping filters for the IM OSEMs.
Plan for week of 5/28
- Mark, Enzo at Kamioka Mon-Fri.
- Hirata-san at Kamioka Tue-Fri. (Mon is monthly Mitaka day.)
- Matteo at Kamioka from Tue. He may help Type B to get experience.
- Kozu-kun at Kamioka Mon only. (Rest of week is job interviews.)
Plan for week of 6/4
- Mark, Enzo, Hirata-san, Kozu-kun at Kamioka Tue-Fri. (Mon is NAOJ medical checkup.)
- Cable and test BF cap picos.
- Build up security structure to SF level.
- Crane in SF and remove cap.
- Hook BF and adjust total ballast.
- Route cables through SF-BF flying saucer up to bottom of SF.
- Adjust BF trim mass.
- Readjust payload.
- Take TFs.
- Add budgeted ballast mass to SF and weigh SF/... section.
- Cable, test SF LVDT and FR.
- Characterize final F0 blades.
Plan for week of 6/11
- Mark Enzo, Hirata-san, Kozu-kun at Kamioka Tue-Fri (Mon is compensation day for f2f.)
- Rebuild F0 #3 for SR3.
- Park F0 #1 (for SR2) in top of SR3 assembly frame.
- Move F0 #3 behind SR3.
- Make LBB blade sets (or at least 3 of 9).
To-Do Lists, Schedule