Scraps of text for incorporation in the VIS Meeting Minutes
- Type B Past Week Summary
There were multiple issues with the dummy BS flag/prism gluing klog. The sapphire prisms will need to be removed and reapplied. Hirose-san is going to organize this. He is trying the cup that had been made for the PR2 on the actual PR2. It works to confine the acetone, and we will see shortly how much soaking is required to get a prism off. We will then see if a new cup is needed for the BS (considering the different radius).
- Hirata-san added the optical layout information to the BS Inventor assembly. He requested tank information from Mirapro so he can continue to do SR2/3/M.
- Hirata-san worked on the crane height problem with Saito-sensei. They concluded that craning in the suspension is possible but will require not just the vacuum tank lid but the ≈30 cm section of tank below it to be removed.
- Hirata-san liaised with Nakamura-san of Mirapro. Mirapro could start assembling the frame in the first week of July.
- Fabian finished the IM assembly and started on the IRM and RM. Some of the IRM panels had been improperly wrapped and will be re-cleaned. The MPC (multi-purpose cube) on the RM will need some rework.
- Mark did a top level schedule.
Mark released a draft (about half-finished) of JGW-E1504235 - BS Installation Procedure.
Mark updated JGW-D1503600 - BS Suspension Cabling with a better arrangement for the IM and BF pico motor cables, as well as various other minor fixes.
- Mark organized a review for Thursday 6/16.
- Type B ongoing issues
- Need to decide RM wire thickness and order BS and RM wires. Lead time is a few days from Nilaco.
- Feedthrough Adapters
- Need large quantity of male and female D-Sub 9, IDC ribbon connectors - Takahashi-san is getting a quote.
- Can we make SR wire breakers bigger?
- Fukushima-san will start on machining test soon (as of 5/27).
- Not enough crane height problem (Hirata, Saito) - SOLVED
- Installation stuff
- Crane scale - quote received
- Ballast masses for payload
- Initial batch received - ordered extra smaller ones to allow for adjustments.
- Lower breadboard stuff
- Installation to be incorporated into the procedure document. Mark/Takahashi to discuss.
- Breadboard springs (in manufacture, expected end of July)
- Nail-head parts: quote from Mirapro received, not urgent, will be combined with assembly frame order.