Scraps of text for incorporation in the VIS Meeting Minutes
Type B (Mark)
Report for week of 6/18
- We powered down the Type B racks as a precaution against possible loss of power during work on Tuesday, and later powered them up again.
- We put a flange cover over the hole in the floor near the filter tuning area as a temporary safety measure. We later managed to entirely close the part of the hole that was not covered by the filter, by moving the filter towards the outside and using short floor panels from SR2 on the tank side.
- We removed the SR3 PI from the filter tuning area and brought in the SR2 one.
- We put magnets on the SR damper magnet ring to match the two Cu segments we were using.
- We craned the SR3 PI into the AF, connected it to the security structure, and hooked the SF/... section and the SF damper magnet ring.
- At first the F0 did not rise, and we realized that we had 2 kg less margin than we originally thought because we had not allowed for the PI-SF rod receptacle, the top disk which holds the yaw stepper mechanism, or the stepper itself.
However we were able to try the redesigned PI fishing rod, parts for which had just arrived. The optional strong CuBe spring in the new arrangement gave plenty of extra lift, so that we now have about 5 kg of margin. We did have to move the yoke to work around the problem that the CuBe spring tends to tilt the keystone, but we got it moving freely. We will also have to compress the blades some more to compensate for the extra stiffness, which caused the frequency to rise from 0.5 Hz to 0.9 Hz.
Plan for week of 7/2
- Mark, Hirata-san, Terrence at Kamioka Mon-Fri.
- Enzo at Kamioka Mon-Wed.
- Kozu-kun at Kamioka except Wed.
- Continued tuning of filter in PI #3 for SR3.
- Building and tuning of filter in PI #1 for SR2 (time permitting).
- Lots of cable routing and testing.
- Install geophones and arc weights.
Plan for week of 7/9
- Mark, Enzo, Hirata-san, Kozu-kun, Terrence at Kamioka Mon-Fri.
- Lock suspension.
- Remove tank lid and raise LBB damper rings.
- Crane suspension into tank.
To-Do Lists, Schedule
- Kozu-kun: 7/4 Tokyo.
- Enzo: 7/5-6 NAOJ Party, Mitaka.
- Terrence: 8/24-26 f2f, then returns to Hong Kong.
- Enzo: 9/14 JPS, 9/15 through 10/18 vacation in Chile.