Scraps of text for incorporation in the VIS Meeting Minutes
- Type B Past Week Summary
There were multiple issues with the dummy BS flag/prism gluing klog. The sapphire prisms will need to be removed and reapplied. Hirose-san is going to organize this. He is trying the cup that had been made for the PR2 on the dummy BS. Despite not having the ideal radius of curvature, it works to confine the acetone, and we will see shortly how much soaking is required to get a prism off.
- Akutsu-san provided stainless steel mirror panels for the dummy BS made by ATC.
- Hirata-san added the optical layout information to the BS Inventor assembly. He requested tank information from Mirapro so he can continue to do SR2/3/M.
- Hirata-san worked on the crane height problem with Saito-sensei. They concluded that craning in the suspension is possible but will require not just the vacuum tank lid but the ≈30 cm section of tank below it to be removed.
- Hirata-san liaised with Nakamura-san of Mirapro. Mirapro could start assembling the frame in the first week of July.
- Hirata-san cleaned more parts and measured another filter.
- Fabian finished the IM assembly and started on the IRM and RM. Some of the IRM panels had been improperly wrapped and will be re-cleaned. The MPC (multi-purpose cube) on the RM will need some rework.
- Mark did a top level schedule. The BS can probably be finished roughly when promised to Ando-san earlier, but the SRs will probably take rather longer because of all the prep work that still needs to be done. It may save time overall to delay the start of the BS installation a few weeks and concentrate on parts for SR.
Mark released a draft (about half-finished) of JGW-E1504235 - BS Installation Procedure.
Mark updated JGW-D1503600 - BS Suspension Cabling with a better arrangement for the IM and BF pico motor cables, as well as various other minor fixes.
- Mark organized a review for Thursday 6/16.
- Type B ongoing issues
- Need to decide RM wire thickness and order BS and RM wires. Lead time is a few days from Nilaco.
- Akutsu-san is working to get wide-mouth OSEMs
Longer cables for BF->PI and SF->PI.
- Takahashi-san has ordered extra connectors (due any day) and will get a company to make the cables.
- Feedthrough Adapters
- Need large quantity of male and female D-Sub 9, IDC ribbon connectors - Takahashi-san is getting a quote.
- Can we make SR wire breakers bigger?
- Fukushima-san will start on machining test soon (as of 5/27).
- Not enough crane height problem (Hirata, Saito) - SOLVED
- Installation stuff
- Crane scale - quote received
- Ballast masses for payload
- Initial batch received - ordered extra smaller ones to allow for adjustments.
- Lower breadboard stuff
- Installation to be incorporated into the procedure document. Mark/Takahashi to discuss.
- Breadboard springs (in manufacture, expected end of July)
- Nail-head parts: quote from Mirapro received, not urgent, will be combined with assembly frame order.