Scraps of text for incorporation in the VIS Meeting Minutes
Type B (Mark)
Report for week of 7/9
- We cleaned up after the heavy rain. There was no significant damage but some cardboard boxes of parts got wet and the contents needed to be moved to other containers and the boxes discarded. Water collected on the SR2 crane slot cover and had to be vacuumed away before the cover could be opened. A new section of corrugated roof was installed to minimize the problem for the future.
- Enzo and team got all of the in-vacuum and in-air cables for the SF/... and PI properly routed and tested except (so far) for the geophones.
Hirata-san and team finished tuning of the F0 for SR2 and moved the PI into the SR2 cleanbooth. It turns out to be about 8 kg weaker than for SR3, whereas the SR2 chain is only 3 kg lighter, so we will have to do some combination of decompression, removing Cu segments and using a stronger CuBe spring (e.g., a Type A F0 FR blade instead of the F2 one in SR3). We closed the floor in the SRM area for safety, but we will probably reopen it as soon as next week for the SRM F0 build.
- Hirata-san opened the SR3 tank, craned the LBB damper ring sandwich up to the top of the tank and suspended it.
Enzo and team corrected a lot of flipped connections on the SR3 PI LVDTs (primary<->secondary on the horizontal, primary<->actuation on the F0).
- We added the arc weights and geophones and re-centered the IP. It seems stable and very soft, which is good.
Plan for week of 7/9
Plan for week of 7/16
- Monday 7/16 is Sea Day.
- Mark, Enzo, Hirata-san, Kozu-kun, Terrence at Kamioka Tue-Fri.
- Check/restore alignment of payload, especially optic pitch.
- Testing, TFs.
- Lock suspension.
- Crane into tank.
- Unlock suspension.
- Rearrange cables.
- Install correct IP in PI #2.
- Crane PI #2 to second floor.
- Rebuild top filter of PI #2.
To-Do Lists, Schedule
- Terrence: 8/24-26 f2f, then returns to Hong Kong.
- Enzo: 9/14 JPS, 9/15 through 10/8 vacation in Chile.