Scraps of text for incorporation in the VIS Meeting Minutes
Type B (Mark)
Report for week of 10/22
- We borrowed the TM HPCDs from SR2 and SR3 so that SRM had HPCDs for IM-H, IM-V and GAS.
- Fabian adjusted the last two OSEMs (IM-H2 and H3).
- We closed the BF and weighed the BF/... section.
- Fabian and Hirata-san routed all the BF/... cables via the BF cap (except for the four TM OSEM cables, where we're still waiting for extensions).
- We built up the assembly frame and security structure to the SF level and craned in the SF.
- We installed the SF-BF rod and flying saucer.
Hirata-san collected a suitable CuBe spring and bracket parts from Type A. He ultrasonically cleaned the bracket and then installed the bracket and spring on the F0.
- Enzo soldered some short and/or broken cables to make longer cables that we need urgently. He got in touch with Yamamoto-san to arrange bringing them to Toyama University and ultrasonically cleaning them.
- We pulled out cables running to the OMMT area that were used for the old OSEM/geophone testing setup and started a new geophone testing setup in the SR3 area using the optical table from the SR2 assembly frame.
- Hirose-san reported results from his astigmatism test on the second SRM small optic and metal mass. With the tight shims (1.0 mm thickness, as used for the installed SRM) there was substantial astigmatism, but with the next looser available size (1.5 mm), there was no astigmatism but the optic is held very poorly and rattles. Hirose-san is ordering some intermediate thicknesses and will make a recommendation. However he will almost certainly suggest that we change the shims on the hanging SRM, so we need to think about whether that is feasible.
- Akutsu-san collected the parts we will need for the SR2 OL so that Terrence can install it next week.
- Hirata-san supervised the disassembly of the assembly frame. The pieces are now in the IMMT area, although we may need to move them again because they're a bit in the way.
Plan for week of 10/29
- Mark, Enzo, Hirata-san, Fabian and Terrence at Kamioka Mon-Fri.
- Set up OL.
- Do a measurement of how much torque is required on the F0 keystone to move the system in yaw. (This will help Sato-san choose a suitable stepper driver for the new design.)
- Possibly add more arc weights, to get below 0.1 Hz.
- Continue assembly.
To-Do Lists, Schedule
- Terrence: 10/29-11/2 at Kamioka.