Scraps of text for incorporation in the VIS Meeting Minutes
Type B (Mark)
Report for week of 11/12
- Kozu-kun noticed the BS OL was out of range, and Fabian and Fujii-kun investigated. It turns out that the temperature has risen by over 2°C, so all the GAS filters have sagged and several stages are touching. Miyoki-san and Furuta-san are looking at what can be done.
- We did the vertical height survey and found that as with SR2 and SR3, the chain is longer than the CAD, this time by ≈7 mm, and again mostly between the SF and BF.
- The final SRM small glass mirror became available, so we had Hirose-san ship it to us so we can install it while the suspension is still on the assembly frame. Hirata-san ordered shims to make up the new recommended thickness of 1.4 mm and a micrometer to check the combination, which should arrive on Monday 11/26.
To-Do Lists, Schedule
Plan for week of 11/19
- Friday 11/23 is Labor Thanksgiving Day.
- Mark, Enzo and Fabian at Kamioka Mon-Thu.
- Hirata-san at Kamioka Tue-Thu (Mitaka on Mon for Engineering Promotion Office meeting).
- Go/no-go test of all electronics items, especially SF/... section.
- Finish vertical height check and adjust SF trim mass as required.
- Unlock IP and center roughly.
- Check/adjust alignment of SS.
- Calibrate IP LVDTs.
- Add arc weights and geophones.
- Improve centering/tuning of IP and SS alignment.
- Disconnect cables at feedthroughs, lock suspension.
- Crane into tank.
- Assist MIF team with pico cables and LBB breadboard ballast.
- Install SR2 OL pillar and shelf (with AOL supervision)?
Plan for week of 11/26
- Move SRM in-air cables over to tank.
- Remove First Contact.
- Unlock and align SRM.
- Hook and roughly ballast LBB.
Plan for week of 12/3
- f2f Meeting at NAOJ - no Kamioka work.
- Hirata-san at Mitaka, Mon 11/19 (Engineering Promotion Office meeting).