Scraps of text for incorporation in the VIS Meeting Minutes
Type B (Mark)
Report for the week of 2/25
- Fabian monitored suspensions during the vent.
- Terrence and Mark made lots of changes to the Guardians and RTMs:
- Fabian went inside the SRM chamber and diagnosed the problem that had appeared shortly before vent. It turned out to be yaw of the IP causing a payload cable to touch. He fixed it with the F0 yaw stepper. (He had tried this earlier without success but it turned out the problem was another dead output on the stepper driver.)
- Terrence traced the geophone issue to a group of dead channels on the AA chassis. We tried replacing the chassis and it fixed not only the geophone issue but an issue in the
Plan for week of 2/25
- Mark from Tuesday.
- Enzo from Monday lunchtime.
- Continue debugging stepper reset system.
- Continue monitoring SRM yaw drift.
- Install new RTMs and Guardian.
- Debug SRM geophones.
- Setup SRM and SR3 LEN OLs (low priority).
- Work on Type B paper.
- Enzo vacation, 3/5 and possibly 3/6.
- Enzo et al. Farewell Party, 3/7.
- Enzo at JPS then final vacation, 3/13-29
- Terrence's last day, 3/29.