|Deletions are marked like this.||Additions are marked like this.|
|Line 25:||Line 25:|
|* Debug BF LVDT actuation. ???||* Debug BF LVDT actuation.|
VIS Type B BS Near Term To-Do List
- Vacuum and roll floor.
- Wipe ladders.
- Tidy tools, parts.
Get stuff from ../WishList
(No work Monday 9/18)
Main Assembly Sequence
- Debug BF LVDT actuation.
- Check F0 yoke height (top of coil former should be 37.5 mm above bottom of recess in top of baseplate).
- Test all PI items:
- Yaw stepper (tested, not clearly working).
- F0 LVDT sensing
- F0 LVDT actuation
- Horizontal LVDT sensing
- Horizontal LVDT actuation
- Geophones (issues with driver, cables, descramblers)
- Lock the F0 and SF keystones and measure the resonance frequency of the BF GAS.
- Lock the SF and BF keystones and measure the resonance frequency of the F0 GAS.
- Double check BS pitch with OL.
- Adjust SF damper ring to correct gap.
- Install lock nuts on F0 GAS FR at TBD positions.
Lock BF and F0 keystones (but not SF keystone).
- Lock RM to BS and IRM to IM.
- Lock RM, IRM and BF (but not SF) to security structure.
- Lock IP.
- Remove F0 keystone top plate (including yaw stepper) and immobilize SF/... in yaw.
- Attach lifting fixture.
- Remove BF- and SF-level crossbars.
- Remove geophones for craning.
- Disconnect in-vacuum cables from feedthrough and coil neatly for craning.
- Attach lifting plates.
Tank Preparation Sequence
- Attach Cu segments to LBB damper ring.
- Pass halves of LBB magnet ring into tank, join, and make sandwich for craning.
- Crane tank lid off.
- Crane LBB damper rings to top of tank and suspend.
- Crane suspension out of assembly frame.
- Attach LBB upper rods to LBB blade tips and rotate suspension 45° clockwise.
- Crane suspension into tank and connect upper rods to LBB Cu ring.
- Unclamp LBB ring "sandwich" so LBB Cu ring is suspended on upper rods.
- Install LBB lower rods and hook LBB.
- Measure required ballast for LBB.
- Unlock suspension and readjust.
- Move in-air cabling and feedthroughs and reconnect in-vacuum cables (through Cu O-rings).
In parallel, time permitting
- Fix issue with geophone distributor.
- Fix #1 geophone adapter cable (and replace borrowed one).
- Fix broken pico adapter cable.
- Figure out how to tighten PI yaw return spring or otherwise make yaw adjustment reliable.
Tasks Not To Forget
- Update BS Install Procedure with screenshots from new on-assembly-frame 3D CAD.
- Finish assembly drawing for LBB and LBB damper ring and post on JGWDoc (Hirata-san).
- Get pico drive screens fixed (Miyo-kun)
- Get clean bag laundered.
- Put pointy-tipped screw in RM trolley for BS
- Return/replace borrowed parts:
- Lock washers for LBB dampers
- Temporary ballast mass (dog clamps) in BF.
- Swap in new F0-SF maraging rod (with 8-mm heads) and new receptacles to match.
- Decide final in-vacuum and in-air cable routing (Enzo).
Calibrate all LVDTs (Enzo, Mark). BF, SF, PI-GAS, PI-H1, PI-H2, PI-H3
- Adjust yoke on PI to put top of secondary at TBD mm above top of baseplate (or to give ≈0 counts at nominal height).
Real-time and SUMCON models
- Create SUMCON models for full BS and major installation milestones.
Create controls design description (cf LIGO-T1100378).
- Make table of ADC/DAC assignments and check for consistency with D1503600 and k1visbs (Enzo, Mark)
- Understand/document/debug Kokeyama-san's DIO stuff.
- Measure LPCD and HPCD output filter response.
- Design and install software compensation filters for LPCD and HPCD output filters.
- Design and install GAS drift compensation filters.